Optic for 6.5 creedmoor savage 10 BA stealth

aOWENc

Hey guys,
Just placed an order for a savage model 10 BA stealth 6.5 and was wondering what you thought a good optic for it would be? I don't have much to spend on it so the really high end scopes are out of the question. The gun store has a Leupold vx3i 4.5-14 CDS for sale but I'm not sure if that'll give me enough power. This gun will be used for paper punching and steel mostly, but also some hunting perhaps as I really want to get into shooting past 300 yards. Also thinking about a vortex viper 6-20x44. Any recommendations on the scope or comments about the new gun would be great! Thanks

I literally just mounted a Viper Gen ll 5-25. Excellent reticle, great clarity and as soon as the sun sets I'll try it for low light transmission.
This scope would look good on that 10BA. It has a real zero stop but I haven't tried it out yet.

Attachments

• 20170801_192545.jpg
    20170801_192545.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 539
It's hard to go wrong with a
SWFA 3-15x42. If it helps, I shoot steel with a couple of SWFA 10x42s out to 1000 yards. If I shoot paper I can't get precision with them farther than 500 yards. I have much better luck on paper with scopes of at least 14 power.
I have a Gen 1 PST 4-16x50, 20 power SWFA SS and a
4-14x44 FFP scope that several companies are selling. All of those are far better for me when I want good groups on paper at longer range.

Thanks guys! Just ordered a vortex viper 6.5-20x44 BDC 30mm tube. Hopefully it works out! Now I need to get rings and I was thinking about some of the Burris xtr or zee rings to avoid a 20 loan rail, as these rings can have supplied inserts put into them to reach 20 moa or even 40 moa on xtr series. Thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.