Savage stealth hunting stock?

Floridaboy123

I'm not crazy about the chassis stock on my stealth. Is it possible to replace the chassis stock with a standard hunting style stock? The butt stock is the worst part and I know I can replace it, but also considering just replacing whole stock if possible. Thanks to anyone who may know

Well, if you decide to stay with the chassis it seems like like a lot of folks have installed the XLR Industries Tactical Buttstock to their Savage Stealth and claim to really like it. Looks like it would ride a bag very well.
CCB12CE2-0DDD-4DF6-8467-E419247B2AED.jpeg

If you don't stick with a chassis I'd definitely take a look at the B&C options. Good luck, brother!

HS Precision has several stocks available for Savage actions as well as McMillian. As mentioned above, Magpul PRS And Luth-ar are nice as well.

Hello. You could also look into an accustock. They have a bed block and are very reasonably priced. They are on ebay pretty frequently. Let me know if you decide to sell your chassis. Id be intrested in it for my model 12

Thanks for replying everyone, I've considered the luth-ar. If I decide to keep chassis, may buy one anyway and try it. I don't know how many people hunt with chassis, just seems awkward for me.

I don't know how many people hunt with chassis, just seems awkward for me.
I put together a .300 Win Mag this year (Savage, of course ;) ) and it sits in a McRee's G7 Chassis. I only shoot it from the prone position, but I plan on knocking off a couple does with it this year.

Butt stock doesn't sit in rear bag well and not sure i like the feel or weight of chassis.
As Deputy819 noted, if you decide to replace your buttstock, you have plenty of choices. I have XLR element and tactical buttstock on my custom .30 LARA and don't have a problem using a rear bag to shoot.

.30 LARA.jpg

You can also get a bag rider for it >>> https://xlrindustries.com/collections/buttstocks. You can also get different kinds of monopods depending on the type of buttstock you end up with.

You might have to contact them to verify but this might (???) fit with your current stock>>> https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-buttstocks/id-715/mono-pod-buttstock-add-on.html

MONOPOD fab-defense-mba-mono-pod-butt-stock-add-on-6 on Savage Stealth.jpg

I have the Luth AR MB3 stock on my Stealth and it's a nice upgrade from the original. I did have to swap the carbine tube for a milspec one I had as the stock would not fit the original tube.

It rides decently in a rear bag and has a pic rail so you could add a monopod or a bag rider.

Just a thought .

I put a stealth stock with a luth at on the 6.5 creed build for my wife with 22 " barrel it is a little heavy on the front end but shoots like a dream. It was built for prone and shooting houses though

Thanks

Buck

Yes, there are several good Savage stocks. Trouble is aics mags only work in the chassis. Most stocks are for the single feed blind mag or the staggerfeed detachable mag. Those are 2 different actions, I believe.

knowing Savage, your action could be either since the chassis is doing the work.

might be a better deal to get the mdt buttstock....for like $325!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts