Wildcat Forming Brass From Parent Case

This is the problem with shortening an existing case, the case walls are tapered, the shorter you go the thicker they get. This can, and does, cause issues. I had to use 1" die bodies for all of my 416 Rigby wildcats because the case resists the sizing and the 7/8" dies split! As you form shorter and straighter cases, less material is in the die body and this causes extra stress and deformation.
I can't tell you how many hundreds of dollars I spent getting the dies correct, hydro forming die blanks and many normal sizing/seating and micrometer seating dies customised.
If I were doing this today, there are far more options, so I would choose the closest case design in capacity and work off that. What I designed back in 2000/1 had no similar case, the RUM had only just appeared and it wasn't big enough, nowadays there is the 33/37 XC which is similar, my other option at the time was the 505 Gibbs case, the basis for the CheyTac rounds, but the action required was huge.
Hope this helps, not trying to disparage your attempt, just noting some realities I had to deal with.

Cheers.

Like half the case, the closest thing other than the Lapua or Norma to what I'm doing would be a would be a Lazzeroni short mag. Staying 338 for now.
Regardless of your approach to achieving your goal, it will be a pricey adventure.

I know that Swamplord used to order his wildcat cartridges (he has some bad-arse wildcats and awesome names to go with them) from RCC (no longer in business).

Good luck with your project.

That was straight-up cool FEENIX. Thanks for sharing that video. That's pretty much what I'm trying to do, but on a smaller scale.