Wilcat Bullets...Why haven't BC's been posted?

Re: Wilcat Bullets...Why haven\'t BC\'s been posted?

Kirby
001_grinning-smiley-003.gif
And with just the right amount of non-diplomacy! Could have used a little more "non" though.

If it's Lerch's time, or BJ's time your wasting, it's o.k. If it's on mine then get back to work. Only kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

=============================================================================================

Johnny:

You have proven the extent ?? of your knowledge and have decided to take this thread to a level, and in a manner in which I will not participate.

I've written and deleted several posts in response but since this only degrades the forum, I'm done. Len, Dave or Ian will probably shoot us now. You do what you want and I'll continue to use the "hawked" Kirby magnums and the "claiming" Wildcat bullets. I do have other brands of bullets on the shelf, but it's strange how those others all have dust on them.

abinok:

Good for you dude. Glad to see you didn't pass up an opportunity or two to get in your digs at Richard. Feel better now?

I think I'll go order some more Wildcats. ****, I hope there's at least some writing on the box this time.

[ QUOTE ]
if you weren't such dinks to Richard he would more then be willing to send you all the bullets you wanted for testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree hole hardily, He is his own boss and doesent have to sell to people he doesnt want to.

Scientific data my redneck butt,

If Kirby can take the drop data he has used to figure a BC with and use it to hit rockchuck at 1100 yds with. Its **** good enough for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think some people here need to take their midol and come back tommorrow in a better mood.

Well said everyone!
I have done tests on these bullets and my results have fell in line with nearly every other person to test them and that is they <u>FLAT OUT SHOOT!!</u>
Now lets stop all the pot stirring and thats what I see here just like some of the coppermelt posts ( not all of them ) I have seen. When people believe in a product and have used it for themselves and find it to be a **** good one we tend to get a little frazzeled when someone calls BS about it.
I have read many more good posts about Richards bullets than bad ones and not only on this forum so it's not just a couple of people who use them and <u>PIMP</u> them out just to <u>HAWK</u> their own products.
What everyone is saying is if your not satisfied with no <u>REAL</u> BC data from Richard then either test them for yourself or don't use them it probably wont make a rats hind end to Richard or anyone else either way you do it.

This post is not directed at anyone so please don't take it personal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kirby,

I'm gonna clear the air between me and you right now....I never made a negative comment about your buddy .. I actually gave him one..

Don't get so **** defensive over nothing...

[ QUOTE ]
AM I wrong in the comment that anytime you buy a box of bullets you have never shot in your rifle that you are running the risk that they will not shoot well in your rifle???

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are not wrong.. when did I imply you were? This statement literally has nothing to do with what I said...

[ QUOTE ]
It does not matter the make of the bullet there is always that risk that you may be wasting your time and money on testing a new bullet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup you are right again....

[ QUOTE ]
I just do not understand your reasoning here. Its not like the Wildcat Bullets are extremely expensive, only slightly more then comparible weight Sierra MKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will tell you the same thing I told Richard...

I get 1/4 MOA from both my .30 Cal rifles shooting SMK's I don't really need to waste the time or money to test these bullets if they cannot significantly improve what I am already doing.
Right now I doubt they will be more accurate. However, I would be willing to burn the powder if the B.C. of these bullets will significantly increase my effective range.

read my post .. I said "I am not bitching, just stating facts"

I don't have time at my leisure to complete my work as you do.. you have time to test all your new rifles wildcat catridges and such.. thats what you do... then you post here to solicite business, fine I have no problem with that.

BUT, this time of year I do not have the leisure or abilty to take 8 hours to run tests on bullets I am not sure will improve what I have...
Am I lazy ( as some here have implied ) No, I am not a lazy person. I probobly accomplish more by 10 a.m. than most here do all day... so it has nothing to do with being lazy...

re-read thats what I said.. My time is money during our 4 month season and I cannot afford to waste my time=money.

With all the boasting you do.. you would think a simple question such as .. "does anyone have real B.C.'s of these bullets," would have solicited a more professional reply from the person who talks about them the most.

All I was asking was real world B.C.'s of the .30 cals.. nothing more nothing less.

My intentions again, were not to insult anyone or get under your skin .. I just wanted some information as I am sure many others here did... I have been on this board **** near since its start I think... you're relatively new... lighten up.. you should be happy.. this board has made you money...

in the amount of time spent bickering about these bullets you could have found all the info you want about these bullet here on this site. [ QUOTE ]
I ordered my first box a week ago today.
225gr ULDRBBT in .308
Richard said bc should be around .740
to put that in prespective...
Berger 210gr .640
SMK 220gr .655
Smk 240gr .711

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Notice it said should be; that is close enough to get any one started doing their own tests.

Abinok. Go back and read my stance in the posts you reffer to. Your fight is not with me.

[ QUOTE ]
That Burger shop in Idaho may have the best burgers, but Burger King will make more $$$ because the let you have it "your way". It's called business!

In business if you make a BOLD CLAIM then you back it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wildcat bullets produces a quality product at a very good price. How? Richard keeps overhead down (like the little burger shop) and makes his product himself. The big bullet companies make a product that is good enough for most people and they also sell you all the extras like posters and t shirts and fancy marketing plans (like the big burger shops) and BCs that any one can get sorta close with. Marketing is business and it is not free and it does not happen with the snap of the fingers. In order for it to happen the burger has to cost more or the quality has to slip a little. Overhead is business also and it is not free either. If there is alot of overhead the price must go up or the quality has to slip a little.

My point is this: Richard makes what his customers want and that is a high quality product and phone time with the owner at a very fair price. New customers are always welcome but there are some things they wont get. If you want something he doesn't offer GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. His regular customers don't care that they have to determine their own BCs. We don't settle for the ones we are offered anyway.

Lastly, You are not the center of the universe. You don't know where he wants to take his business.You don't know why he has stopped offering any BCs. (BTW thanks, now none of us can get him to even suggest a starting point. And I don't blame him.) I know him to be a generous man. I know him to be an honest man. I know him to be a hard working man. And you know what? I'm not going to back those BOLD CLAIMS up with even one example for you because I don't have to. If you don't believe what I say about him. WHO CARES?

[ QUOTE ]
I ordered my first box a week ago today.
225gr ULDRBBT in .308
Richard said bc should be around .740
to put that in prespective...
Berger 210gr .640
SMK 220gr .655
Smk 240gr .711

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey thats my post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The simple fact is that nobody is willing to spend $5 to answer all questions is pretty sad.
You can't get data from approximations, or dumbed down techniques. You have to have the equipment, or your data is not of high enough quality to be discussed. Period. No offense to Len, or all of the excellent shooters on this site, but from the technical side, this is not BRC, and a good number of the shooters who are most knowlegable in the things we are discussing are no longer present to curb the ignorance of some topics.
If this were being discussed a year ago, or on BRC today, it would have ended under a mountain of technical data, and those considering these bullets would be able to compare them on a basic- BC to BC level.
I will include myself in that ignorant group on some topics.
I am not a physics instructor, and I am not an expert on all things bullets, but I know enough to know that those of you who are believing all of this are being fed bull. Dollars, not hundreds of dollars, not hours of time but freaking dollars will settle all of this, and those that are interested get nothing but but guesses, and round about half answers based on unscientific methods and means because nobody praising these bullets actually cares. Really sad.
With JLK now leaving the market place, there is a demand for LR bullets of high quality. Not having data will lead many customers from richard to others like berger. Not untill and unless somebody starts winning major competitions with these bullets will there be any further research I fear.
You may be right kirby, in 6 months there will probably be more shooters from this forum shooting rifles you put together. And they may be loving the performance of Richards bullets, but intill there is some hard data on their performance (from an external ballistics perspective... I saw all of the critters you shot with them) all of the rest does not matter.
That "three digit freaking number" is what sets these bullets apart from their competitors to many shooters.
If not, the question about that number would not have been used in the headline of this thread.
That number has to be measured.
Not guessed.
Not approximated from the die providers.
Not reverse engineered from drop data.
Not reverse engineered from clicking comeups
It has to be measured.
If you people can't understand that (for $5) then you are not as smart as I gave you all credit for.
I am still amazed that you, Kirby, would rather spend the time and energy you have to write and post all of the excuses of why it is that a BC is not really nessicary instead of saying to yourself "if im building rifles for customers, and telling them to use these bullets, and I really do think these bullets are absolutely wonderful, maybe I should spend couple of dollars and see if what im saying is BS or not" You are smarter than this if you can screw together the rifles man shooters are touting on this board. Why won't you, the major promoter on this board step up?
As for...[ QUOTE ]
I will even buy them for testing and not ask for FREEBIES!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You know that I was planning to pay for the bullets I was having tested. If that route was still avalable, it is one I would persue despite having enough bullets on the shelf to burn out the barrel I would be firing them from.

Lerch, in response to your "Scientific data my redneck butt" comment, I figure that since we are only 30 miles appart, I might mention I live on a ranch, and living in the country, or as Jeff Foxworthy puts it have a "glorious absence of sophistication" does not mean you have to say "well if it worked up there by Canada its good enough for me"
Better, economical choices exist.

4ked,
no quarrel with your post man, I just see BC as something that can be measured (like weight) as opposed to something that is more or less objective, like taste. Thats all. No ill will meant towards you, or anybody else in this discussion for that matter I know that you are waiting on some wildcats to shoot, and Im looking forward to seeing how they shoot... [ QUOTE ]
Lastly, You are not the center of the universe. You don't know where he wants to take his business.You don't know why he has stopped offering any BCs. (BTW thanks, now none of us can get him to even suggest a starting point. And I don't blame him.) I know him to be a generous man. I know him to be an honest man. I know him to be a hard working man. And you know what? I'm not going to back those BOLD CLAIMS up with even one example for you because I don't have to. If you don't believe what I say about him. WHO CARES?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not the center of the universe, and I don't know where he wants to take his business, I do however believe that the thread a few months ago lead to termination of circulating the BCs provided by the die mfgs. Ive apoligized publically about all of that before. When I posted the initial thread I was after measured BCs, not out to put a stop to the circulation of approximate BCs. I have no doubt that he is an honest, and generous man. Being a rancher, I guarantee that I can understand how much work it is to run a farm. Hardworking is required.
I have never attacked Richards character.
I have never attacked the quality of the bullets Richard puts out.
What I did do, am continuing to do, and will continue to do is make people aware of the fact that its not difficult to get these bullets tested. There is a demand for real, measured data on these bullets at the moment because there are claims of great perforance, but no real data to be found. Members here and elsewhere have offered to provide this data for the cost of 20 bullets... As for marketing being an expense of business, thats just it. For most it is. But for right now, at least as far as an accurate BC is concerned, its basically free. it just blows my mind that people would actually argue over something that can be so easily tested for so little expense!
I was the first to offer bullets for testing when I was able to get them. Firstly for my own use, and secondly to put an actual number to the bullet. Could you imagine the intrest Richard would have if his ULD RBBT bullets have the BCs claimed? Thats free advertising!

You guys can stop defending Richard! I am not saying he is a bad guy, nor have I heard anybody else claim such. All of my dealings with him indicate that your opinions of his character are spot on. I would just like some accurate data to be avalable. And thats it.

ps. this extreme anal retentiveness in terms of "guestimated I think" numbers is from my other hobby.
web page
This experimental rocket motor produced 1194Newton seconds of thrust when I fired it last month.
You know how I know that?

I measured it!

Abinok. The paragraph you quoted of mine was not directed at you.

Friendly Email coming. Give me a few minutes I type pretty slow.

Kirby,

Kindly remember to throat my 6.5 - .284 for the 142 uld rbbt 6.5 bullets. Quit arguing with people who have nothing better to do.

To whom it may concern;
I own my own business, a contract machine shop. I have never "sold" a job since I have been in business. I do not market my shop, I'm too busy satisfying my customers.I as well as my employees all work 55-70 hr. a week. Heck, we are turning work down . I only do work for three big companies and all three list me as their #1 vendor when it comes to quality.

to Richard Graves:
Sir, I ordered some 169.5 hp rbbt uld 30 caliber bullets on the internet over a week ago. I know you have my e-mail address. If you did not get my order, yell at me. Quit reading this childish squabling and mail me some bullets. I am not looking for free-be's. I will even send you money.

Sorry folks, I really try not to get in ****ing contests, but I need my bullets, and my wife has a new 6.5-.284 and I want mine.
Joe

so the bcs that seira, berger, speer, hornady,nosler, etc. are all etched in stone? i dont think anybodys published bc are accurate 100 percent of the time, i do however that they were accurite for the conditions in which they were tested(and definitly all were not tested by useing the same methods). in the br comunity there are custom bullet makers that don't publish their bc, and no one seem to give a [censored], all they know is that they shoot and shoot very well. where do you think they got their information? the bought some bullets and shoot them for themselves, and determined if they were what was needed for the performance they desired.

So what if richard gives tested bc's, their is always going to be somebody who will try and disprove it, just like the have for bergers, seira and the others.I am still going to shoot them and test them myself and adjust my come-ups for the conditions that i shoot in. the same as kirby and the others that use and swear by the bullets that richard makes.

<font color="red"> if i didnt make that clear enough for the anal litical types here sorry</font>

Thats all i am going to vent on the subject

abinok,

Maybe I'm stupid, but I just don't see how testing the bullets with the proper equipment could yeild any different results than backwards engineering them.

As it has been stated many times, some of the major bullet manufacturors fib on their bcs. These have supposedly been tested the proper way. If your going to use them in real world setting, your going to have to adjust your drop chart to work for your conditions. This will almost always result in using a different bc than printed in a book.

On a side note: I hope this squabble doesn't run anyone off. I don't think this subject would be the only one some of us would argue about. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong it may seem us. Despite having and opposite stand on this issue, everyone involved in this discussion (or rant) has something to offer. So let's all just agree to disagree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and try not to pick any fights. John M. knew exactly where this would go when he started it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif and I fell into the trap. I appologize for the inappropriate comments.

Good evening,
B.J.

Bill,
Appreciate your peace making heart!
However, I think something is being overlooked here.The bc may be different for each application ,but the difference will not be much.
As far as fibbing by the mfgs. again , a small amount of diff.Abinok is right , this is a measurement that can be accurately reproduced.

My last 3sixbits worth ( don't leave us 3six) . You see, we are losing the folks that Know about these things in a detailed ,intimate , scientific way.
Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts