Reloading bullets with different bc's

bole141

Hello to whoever reads this! I am new to reloading.... I am making my .22-250 remington 700 sps varmint into a long range target rifle, but i dont want to discard the use of varmint hunting that it was made for. My problem is this......i have bought berger 55 gr. HP match bullets with a bc of .262 . But i would like to reload some ammo for varmints with nosler ballistic tips sometime in the future. That ammo has a bc of .267 . How could i reload these rounds so that they have the same point of impact at 300 yards, which is my zero?

Adjust the velocity for vertical, horizontal may not be in line though. Personally I'd go for accuracy and re-zero.

Actually I'd probably just shoot the Bergers at varmints.

Well, the reason i asked is because i thought that at longer ranges the .22-250 will not have the energy needed to penetrate and mushroom inside whatever critter im shooting at. That's why i would try to make up for that with the light jacket of the nosler varmint bullets.

Well you said the bergers BC is .262 and the noslers are .267 well you want higher BCs for longer shots so just use the noslers for both ;-)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.