Name these two bullets - 30% different mass, same bc

257 Blackjack

I was cleaning out some shelves in the reloading room last night trying to get organized for all the new test rifles and brass I have now, and dropped a few of the second bullet seen below on the bench where I had a number of the lighter bullet out as well.

I noticed at first glance they looked very similar in OAL and I remembered a time when I loved shooting the second bullet to 1300-1500 yards because it flew so well.

Between the two there is 0.040" OAL difference, 30% mass difference, and 1% BC difference.

The first one is a dead give away but what are these two?

170 EOL.jpg

6.5mm 150 SMK & .308 200.20X Hybrid?

Not a bad guess. If they are as they came the one on the left hast to be a SMK since its tipped right? Or at least made by sierra.

My guess is in this order. 131 blackjack ace. The next is either a Berger 7mm 168 vld target or a Berger .277 170 grain EOL.

But they still do not add up....

looks like a sierra 6.5 150 gr. MK on left

Berger 30 cal. 215 hybrid on right

BC would be close depending on speed

length differential would exceed .040

Last edited:
Not a bad guess. If they are as they came the one on the left hast to be a SMK since its tipped right? Or at least made by sierra.

My guess is in this order. 131 blackjack ace. The next is either a Berger 7mm 168 vld target or a Berger .277 170 grain EOL.

But they still do not add up....

This is my guess also.

So the question that matters is, which bottle does the winner get? I don't which is which on the bullets, they look 7mm ish, the right bullet is likely Berger judging by the uneven meplat. I'm not familiar with the tip color on the left so it would honestly be swag on my part. Aberlour A'bunadh would be a nice addition to the libation

I was cleaning out some shelves in the reloading room last night trying to get organized for all the new test rifles and brass I have now, and dropped a few of the second bullet seen below on the bench where I had a number of the lighter bullet out as well.

I noticed at first glance they looked very similar in OAL and I remembered a time when I loved shooting the second bullet to 1300-1500 yards because it flew so well.

Between the two there is 0.040" OAL difference, 30% mass difference, and 1% BC difference.

The first one is a dead give away but what are these two?

View attachment 126905
107 gr 6mm - .243 Sierra HPBT MATCH
140 GR 6.5mm HPBT MATCH
MY GUESS.... Theosmithjr
They're definetly HPBT MATCH KINGS, I'd bet my weenie the L is a 6mm & the R is a 6.5mm

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.