A little fun thread: same bullet different ammunition maker

Darryle

This is purely for entertainment purposes

I made the first cartridge easy, since it is either the absolute worst offering or the Carlos Hathcock of the ammunition world, we can only going up or down from here.🤣

Which would you choose, Federal or Nosler?

Federal published 2675fps
Nosler published 2650fps

Attachments

• IMG_8533.jpeg
    IMG_8533.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 170
Back in the day before jumping into the reloading rabbit hole, Federal Premium seemed to be my go to for hunting rounds. If I could get 1 MOA, I was happy. I typically would buy 5 or 6 boxes of different manufacturers premium level hunting cartridges and pick the one that shot the tightest group. Then buy five boxes. I would buy Winchester to practice.

A few more pictures, notice the exact same dent on every shoulder and the eyebrow marks below the shoulder of the Federal cases. Also notice how they are packaged, the tip of the Nosler ammunition is protected whereas the tip is resting on the packaging of the Federal.

Does this sway your opinion?

View attachment 464329View attachment 464330View attachment 464331View attachment 464332
Neither of those would concern me.
Federal Premium has always shot well for me. I have some 6.5 Grendel Fed Premium that shoots with an ES of 4 consistently.