Wife's new 7mm-08... Bullet recommendation

Whatever the rifle will shoot best between the AB and PT. The vld might not perform so great if your wife is lucky enough to get shots inside 100yards. My 280AI is pinpoint accurate and lethal to 700 yards with the 140AB. I have taken over 30 deer and antelope with the 140AB from 5-700yards. I would start with it and try the partition second. Both are proven killers at all ranges, but I would still look at the 150 E-Tip. I suspect the whole west coast is only a few years away from a TOTAL lead ban. Mind as well stay ahead of the curve.

Based on the Blacktail and hogs and distance you mentioned you would have a hard time beating the 120 grain Nosler Ballistic tip. That bullet kills way above what you would expect with outstanding accuracy. I just think it's right in it's velocity node when pushed to 7mm-08 speed. Everything Whitetail I ever shot with it looked as though it hard been struck by lightning. There's an older thread highlighting it's ability here somewhere.

Based on the Blacktail and hogs and distance you mentioned you would have a hard time beating the 120 grain Nosler Ballistic tip. That bullet kills way above what you would expect with outstanding accuracy. I just think it's right in it's velocity node when pushed to 7mm-08 speed. Everything Whitetail I ever shot with it looked as though it hard been struck by lightning. There's an older thread highlighting it's ability here somewhere.

I have posted many times on this so I will make it short.

After trying every bullet I could get my hands on, I have chosen the 120gr Ballistic tip because
of it's performance in the 7/08 on deer.

The velocity seems to be the Key. 49.5 grains of h414 will just break the 3000 ft/sec mark,
And 45.5 grains of Varget will do 3100ft/sec. Both loads are very accurate (My best was .053
5 shot @ 100 yards with the 414 load).

The 120 drops deer in there tracts and hogs in excess of 350 pounds normally fall within 20 to 30
yards shot behind the shoulder.

I personally like the heaver bullets, but the 708 seems to prefer the 120s.

Try them and you will see.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.