Why you need to Understand Vista Outdoors and What They Own

There is a reason Vista was able to aquire CCI, Remington etc. just because you take CCI out from under the Vista Management doesn't mean it continues to exist, or even remotely to the same current capacity.

Vista been very smart on capitalizing on synergies and leverage profit in other areas to expand other companies. They have also been key and turning around several businesses.

There are a lot of clothing mfg'ers (large cap) that are only expecting to be able to ship 60% or less of their BOOKED orders from last year. They simply arent receiving orders or parts for orders from overseas.

Welcome to world wide supply chain and EPA and Union restricted domestic production.

If any one is scared of a trust issue then by all means start up your own company or go make Vista an offer they can't say no too.
Warning- you responded to a Comrade Bernie Bro that thinks the government is the solution to everything and if they get involved there will be unicorns farting rainbows with leprechauns pooping gold at the end of the rainbow.

This thread is nothing but accusations by a bunch of people who think they understand what is going on and there are simple explanations and solutions to what is happening in the world with no facts to back up their accusations.

Would be interesting to see the antitrust paperwork on how they cornered the primer market.

That said, this is perfect. Prices went up, it's looks like a profitable business, should attract some new manufacturers of primers. It's not like making computer chips or airplanes - simple construction. Precise, but not all that complicated. Hope there are some folks out there looking to be new manufacturers. And fast.

Warning- you responded to a Comrade Bernie Bro that thinks the government is the solution to everything and if they get involved there will be unicorns farting rainbows with leprechauns pooping gold at the end of the rainbow.

This thread is nothing but accusations by a bunch of people who think they understand what is going on and there are simple explanations and solutions to what is happening in the world with no facts to back up their accusations.
You know Jack **** about me if I'm who your referring too.
Facts you tell us the Facts if your so intelligent.
Its right in front of your face if you open your eyes.

I got all the primers I need to reload for; handloading 32 years now inventory 18,000 primers pistols and rifles. No problem finding bullets or powders. Primers the problem. I'm reloading the following cartridges: 6.5 Creedmoor, 308/7.62x51, next up 223 then next 6.5 Grendel (300-500 rounds each, and also for 6.5 CM, and 308 Win.), and between them throw in 22LR just for fun. Enough to last for ten years plus. I gotta lived that long, 70 soon to be 71 - don't shoot that much anymore.
Don't quit with only a 10 years window. I am 83 and have a similar amount of primers, bullets and brass. Powder is limited to about what the local fire marshal allows to be stored in a residence :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so must buy more as I continue to reload.

Hey, maybe I can tell my clients that Vista is to blame for high pipe prices too.
Ditto for house paint.....one gallon of interior latex flat.....$60
It is not just Vista....I don't think they dominate the paint manufacturing world,
Bigger things at play.
Thank heavens for older than me shooters who's health forced them to stop shooting and allowed them to sell their inventories to me. LOL

You know Jack **** about me if I'm who your referring too.
Facts you tell us the Facts if your so intelligent.
Its right in front of your face if you open your eyes.
What makes you think I was referring to you?

I am not accusing a buisness of gouging so what facts am I to going to give? If you read through all the replies as I did I have seen zero evidence just a bunch of people complaining about prices accusing a buisness of gouging. If I accuse someone of something I make sure I can back it up with evidence don't you?

Did you know that Vista Outdoors now owns the following ammunition component companies?

Federal Primers and Powder and all Federal products
CCI Primers and all CCI products
Remington Primers and Ammunition
Alliant Powders

They also own Bushnell now.

The big revelation for me in this list is that they now own Alliant too.

One of the big reasons we are probably not seeing Alliant powders is because I understand that maybe most of the Alliant powders are now going to manufactured ammunition under Federal and Remington......

Wonder why Primer Prices have been so inflated lately??? Who owns Federal, CCI, and Remington Primers?

This is what Hodgdon and Winchester are up against.

Seen any RL-26 or Rl 15 thru 25 lately? Not much if any, and if any at $50 and north of there per pound.

Monopolies are no good. Where where the antitrust boys on all this?
Probably helping them consolidate, cause its easier to control that way......

These ain't yore Grandpa's components no more.
Looking through this thread its funny how much people react when they come to the realization that the control on earth across all countries is not what they think and its really controlled by giant conglomerates that concentrate thousands of companies we use everyday down into that small number of giant conglomerates. And then we realize we have even less control when we realize governments like the US cannot do anything about it. Hopefully the prices of things will drop back some but everything is tied together and as long as things like Diesel is through the roof bread and primers will also remain higher than they were 2 years ago.

Well at least Brandon is forgiving some of those studet loans-- that should help us all out. 🙄
Yeah, you will pay more taxes, so you don't have to worry about buying primers. You will just be broke, and the college graduates whose education you paid for will get a good job and buy up the primers you left on the shelf......or in another scenario, if you don't get your taxes paid on time the newly armed and dangerous 87,000 IRS agents will bring all the primers to you free of charge and you still get to pay more taxes. The giving away of trillions of dollars and the new 87,000 IRS agents are a concious hand in hand strategy. It all fits, and it all goes together.......Free money for some, distribution of wealth for most, and higher taxes, the American dream on steroids.........🤔
🤕🥵

Don't get me wrong, I am all for higher education. I have an undergraduate and a graduate degree, and a PHD from the school of hard knocks. But I had to pay for mine with 6 years owed to Uncle Sam
in the U.S. Army. Four years of it active duty. My own daughter has loans, big ones, but this give away where plumbers and welders, and other workers get to help pay for college degrees right before the elections is purely wrong. Ever wonder why its only $10,000 forgiveness for everyone? Because that covers a vote from millions and millions of borrowers. If the giveaway was only for the smallest group of most needy, and they got complete loan forgiveness, not too many votes get bought that way.