Why you need to Understand Vista Outdoors and What They Own

It still comes down to the cost of the entire loaded cartridge. The primer is never more than 15% of the costs of my loaded, Deer / Elk cartridges, practice or hunting rounds. They are a bargain, made in USA, and quality is fantastic, no complaints on prices from my bench.How does a guy pay for a coffee or a round of beers, if primer prices upset ya.I just can't see that as a problem worth worrying about.

So we went from 3 corporations controlling manufacture of primers to 2. I'd be less concerned with the appearance of a monopoly and more concerned with who/what influences the two remaining corporations.
Also who really thinks that Vista's acquisition of Remington ammunition has had that much influence in primer prices. It's not like Remington primers were a big part of the market anyway. Supply of Remington branded components have been sporadic for the last decade or more.

AND yet walmart exist!
Theres Target, Amazon, Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, Kroger, and hundreds more that sell what Walmart sells.

None of these actually make the products, maybe a few store brands,
but the supply of one product is not controlled by 1 company in as much concentrated market power as Vista owning 3 of the 4 primer makers in the U.S., Federal, CCI, and Remington.

Only Winchester is not owned by Vista.

So, the retailers market that Walmart plays in is really 100s of times more fragmented and competitive than the primer market
by number of players.

Granted Walmart exercises market power disportionately due its size ans scope. But I know of no product they can overnight say now costs $170 that 2 years ago cost $40, unless it is gasoline they sell at Sams, and thats not their product, and they have no control at all on gas prices....they just distribute.

Granted they are a behemoth and have consolidated a lot of retailing market share from local small stores.

Primers might have gone up a nickel or so, quality is still top notch. They are still affordable, mostly available with some looking. Shipping costs have increased ,quite a bit with fuel price increases, that adds a bit.Today's modern primer costs still give reloaders a good deal on a loaded cartridge, don't stop practice session or hunting adventures, because of a little inflation. This hunting season good luck.

The main shareholders of Vista Outdoors are not pro 2nd Amendment people.So keeping ammo and reloading supplies at a very limited supply maybe part of a plan.

It's funny, Baldhunter is the only guy that has a clue as to whats really happening in this whole thread, And people just cruised right past his post.

It's funny, Baldhunter is the only guy that has a clue as to whats really happening in this whole thread, And people just cruised right past his post.
Au Contaire......

Look at post #93

I for one see, read and understand very well what Blackrock and other liberal anti 2 A, Investors and agenda driven corporations are doing to arm twist, throttle, coerce, and bully anyone they can into their brand of ESG investing, and acting. Blackrock is one of the worst. They invest heavily...

Au Contaire......

Look at post #93

I for one see, read and understand very well what Blackrock and other liberal anti 2 A, Investors and agenda driven corporations are doing to arm twist, throttle, coerce, and bully anyone they can into their brand of ESG investing, and acting. Blackrock is one of the worst. They invest heavily...
I'm glad someone else see what's happening!

Just gonna throw this out there. You are aware it's possible to "refill" used primers? Google and save.

homemade primer course by Marshall Thompson Phd

Granted, I prefer new primers, but in a pinch, I could make them too. Just saying, be prepared.

I'm glad someone else see what's happening!
States AG
Just gonna throw this out there. You are aware it's possible to "refill" used primers? Google and save.

homemade primer course by Marshall Thompson Phd

Granted, I prefer new primers, but in a pinch, I could make them too. Just saying, be prepared.
Yes, I havent got that desparate yet, and yet may be the operative word here.....but I do have a kitchen baggie with several thousand used primer shells just in case. I have also saved the you tubes how to videos to my hard drive in case they would be sensored. No man knowth what happens next around here.......Better to expect the worst and hope for the best.

States AG

Yes, I havent got that desparate yet, and yet may be the operative word here.....but I do have a kitchen baggie with several thousand used primer shells just in case. I have also saved the you tubes how to videos to my hard drive in case they would be sensored. No man knowth what happens next around here.......Better to expect the worst and hope for the best.
I downloaded the entire PDF file, recipes, ingredients, etc. For the record, this is not illegal....yet....

The price of chow went up but We can't stop eating. The same with reloading components price went up but can't stop shooting. Besides that if I stop going to the range and stay home we would be divorced and that cost way more. Lol

Recent Posts