Ladder Test vs QuickLoad - What do you prefer and why

Looks pretty confusing to me

How so? Each pic has the powder charge and shot numbers, three shots per powder charge, the shots were in a round robin fashion. The number sequence is as easy to keep up with as coloring bullets.

In the pictures I see only 1 color and with 1 target. It would be impossible for me since I don't own a target cam to get the exact impacts correct at distance. I have use the OCW and as of late Satterley methods to get my load data and use separate targets for each load on the OCW to make sure I can see the difference in hits on target. Just a different way of thinking I guess. Seems everyone is doing something different these days.

In the pictures I see only 1 color and with 1 target. It would be impossible for me since I don't own a target cam to get the exact impacts correct at distance. I have use the OCW and as of late Satterley methods to get my load data and use separate targets for each load on the OCW to make sure I can see the difference in hits on target. Just a different way of thinking I guess. Seems everyone is doing something different these days.

Bottom line....if it works for ya it works for ya....there is more than one way to skin a cat!

You are absolutely right of course. Then again, I would let Dan Newberry respond about OCW because I would not do it justice In fact he did, if you are open minded enough to read it.
This is my last statement on the matter. It's a quote attributed to W.E.Deming who improved on the PDCA (Plan, Do Check, Act)
"In God We Trust. Everybody else bring data". That's from a class I took on Toyota Continuous Improvement.

Thank you all for your comments!

Good Shooting Everyone!!!!!
I love the quote from Deming: He was a genius.

I thought I got QL when it hit the streets in 2000, 20 years ago.
I think I got a free trial.

Ladder tests are useless to me. I found no repeatability in 2002 when I experimented. I have new rifles each year and only a couple days to sight them in. I have only shot a couple animals beyond 600 yards of the ~100 animals I have shot in the last 10 years. I fully expect a new 7mmRM, 6.5-06, or 280AI with premium barrel to keep it in the kill zone at 500 yards with with ammo made with QL and elevation adjustments made with quick target and my standard OAL at 3.34". Staying in the kill zone at 600y is doing good for my low skill and low effort. A couple of hours in the sagebrush [driving to the target to save time], and I am ready to hunt with the new rifle. With 3 or 4 new rifles, pick the rifle that works for that hunting season.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts