what do you prefer ? lets here here it.

This comes down to how many stable reloading cycles you intend from your brass, and what kind of ACCURACY you're reaching for.
FL sizing is actually less reloader friendly, as there are prices for it(more trimming, annealing, etc).
Also, generalizations that accuracy in hunting can somehow be lower(if that's what you mean), are often opposite of reality. A varmint hunter for example needs cold bore field accuracy that is beyond what most BR guns/loads can produce. This is not hot bore grouping, off a bench/rest, from 17lb+ naval guns. This is what you carry & set down on a bipod in the dirt & kill things with.

No, nothing to do with accuracy. IMO FL or partial FL sizing is better for hunting situations because it allows the cartridge slightly more room which leads to less issues in the field. Some may debate that but that is my view on it. Of course it all depends on how tight your custom die (if that is what you are using) sizes the case to fit the chamber. I like to see about at least .004 total clearance (.002 all the way around) in my rifles. If I shot competitively I would go a little tighter in my competition rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts