Why you need to Understand Vista Outdoors and What They Own

Veteran

Did you know that Vista Outdoors now owns the following ammunition component companies?

Federal Primers and Powder and all Federal products
CCI Primers and all CCI products
Remington Primers and Ammunition
Alliant Powders

They also own Bushnell now.

The big revelation for me in this list is that they now own Alliant too.

One of the big reasons we are probably not seeing Alliant powders is because I understand that maybe most of the Alliant powders are now going to manufactured ammunition under Federal and Remington......

Wonder why Primer Prices have been so inflated lately??? Who owns Federal, CCI, and Remington Primers?

This is what Hodgdon and Winchester are up against.

Seen any RL-26 or Rl 15 thru 25 lately? Not much if any, and if any at $50 and north of there per pound.

Monopolies are no good. Where where the antitrust boys on all this?
Probably helping them consolidate, cause its easier to control that way......

These ain't yore Grandpa's components no more.

Just took some screenshots off the website. This is all under them at this point.

Attachments

• FC98C01C-E1F0-4497-ABD8-467B5CBBF839.png
    FC98C01C-E1F0-4497-ABD8-467B5CBBF839.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 614
  • 0FBE5EA4-EE2F-4E37-AF9A-B985A0A9C4B9.png
    0FBE5EA4-EE2F-4E37-AF9A-B985A0A9C4B9.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 634
Im a capitalist, but like Teddy Roosevelt said, monopolies are no goid, and he was the original trust buster to foster more competition.
Capitalism still needs a little help on the margins or fringes. Im not big on regulation, but capitalism still needs some spongy guardrails......

This looks like freely competitive markets being consolidated into Oligopolies and Monopoly by Vista Outdoors.

Just took some screenshots off the website. This is all under them at this point.
Did you know that Vista Outdoors now owns the following ammunition component companies?

Federal Primers and Powder and all Federal products
CCI Primers and all CCI products
Remington Primers and Ammunition
Alliant Powders

They also own Bushnell now.

The big revelation for me in this list is that they now own Alliant too.

One of the big reasons we are probably not seeing Alliant powders is because I understand that maybe most of the Alliant powders are now going to manufactured ammunition under Federal and Remington......

Wonder why Primer Prices have been so inflated lately??? Who owns Federal, CCI, and Remington Primers?

This is what Hodgdon and Winchester are up against.

Seen any RL-26 or Rl 15 thru 25 lately? Not much if any, and if any at $50 and north of there per pound.

Monopolies are no good. Where where the antitrust boys on all this?
Probably helping them consolidate, cause its easier to control that way......

These ain't yore Grandpa's components no more.
That's why the monopolies were broken up over a century ago if you don't pay attention to the past it's bound to repeat

I was hoping primers would come down a bit as interest rates rose, and inflation peaked and went down, but in re-assessing that market, there never was 50 and 100% inflation caused by material shortage, supply chain, or energy or wage inflation. That leap from $40 to the $125 to $170 range on primers is probably a lot of it "structural" due to market consolidation and pricing power wielded by Vista Outdoors owning
Federal, CCI, and Remington primers.

We are gonna have to all give Ginex and some other no name brands a try, and see if we can find substitutes that still work at a fairer price.

Competition as well as falling inflation are the only forces that will bring these high prices back into reason.

Pillaging the market because you own all the marbles is not a good long term move...... I believe they put that young Martin Shkreli in the Husgow for buying a single drug and increasing the price 5000%.
It went from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill overnight.