Why Remington 700?

"We should write Remington with our combined upgrade list, and call it the Model 777. "
They dont care anymore....
I know, been saying that for years, but it would be nice if they would actually take a suggestion or 2 from consumers who actually use their products, instead of that board of Fudds that has been running it for for the last 20+ years, that refuse to change anything to progress with firearms and bullet technology. Some things it's good to stick with what works, unfortunately, in the rifle business, things change, and those that don't progress with the technology, eventually die-off, as we've been seeing with Remington's declining sales for the last 10+ years.

Totally agree I have a gun safe full of 700's.
I recently talked a friend into buying a Gen II Mill spec 300 mag. When he got it and started sighting it in it was blowing the primers out of factory ammo. Long story short the chamber was screwed up and had to have a new barrel. We talking a brand new rifle. All this was happening about a month before he was scheduled to go on a deer hunt to Canada...we live in Louisiana. He called me when the smith gave him the news that it needed a new barrel. I made the recommendation because I have a gen I mill spec 308 that shoots .5 with factory ammo.

I also have a safe full of 700's, mostly customs. I also have two Gen1 Milspecs (.308 Win & .300WM). The .308 Win is a 10th Anniversary Edition that I got back around 2011, and it shoots sub-1/4 MOA groups with handloads. And I've had the .300WM since 2014, but never shot it. I traded in another rifle for it, and got it brand new for $100 difference. I always joke that I got a 5R Milspec for $100 bill. Which is sort of true, but I did trade another gun in as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.