Why reload??

morning, why r u questioning our comments the members like me question? If do not want to reload, sell ur weapons, and buy urself a crossbow,spear, or slingshot should solve ur delimmea. (sp) I actively read LRH forum everyday. There is a vast amount of knowledge on this site. Read and enjoy the knowledge members share the sport of Hunting and the activities associated with shooting.

just country.

Last edited:
morning, why r u questioning our comments the members like me question? If do not want to reload, sell ur weapons, and buy urself a crossbow,spear, or slingshot should solve ur delimmea. (sp) I actively read LRH forum everyday. There is a vast amount of knowledge on this site. Read and enjoy the knowledge members share the sport of Hunting and the activities associated with shooting.

just country.

NOO..I wont sell my weapons. I dont question SOME comments...just the ones of some individuals that deemed it necessary to state unproved so called facts about me personally.

As a side note I dont have any dilemma and I posted my original QUESTION here in the relading forum because it had to do with reloading ( or not) and BTW I DO reload for the calibers I shoot often.

I sure hope this ends all the bantering!

For the OP's use, it seems advantageous to just buy off the shelf. The shooting distance is low and rounds fired/year is low. It would be easier to just buy ammo off the shelf if it shoots well enough.
If I didn't have a reloading bench, I would just buy one box a year and just make sure the zero holds at the distance I plan to shoot. Pretty sad for someone who really likes guns. If you shoot a fair bit, you can see cost savings in ammo but I think people who reload are DIY types and it's more a hobby than anything else...or at least those I talk too. :D
gun)===============>Perfectionlightbulb

For the OP's use, it seems advantageous to just buy off the shelf. The shooting distance is low and rounds fired/year is low. It would be easier to just buy ammo off the shelf if it shoots well enough.
If I didn't have a reloading bench, I would just buy one box a year and just make sure the zero holds at the distance I plan to shoot. Pretty sad for someone who really likes guns. If you shoot a fair bit, you can see cost savings in ammo but I think people who reload are DIY types and it's more a hobby than anything else...or at least those I talk too. :D
gun)===============>Perfectionlightbulb

As the old women use to say...MY stars and garters". Someone that finally appears to see my intentions in my post!

Once I find a good shooting brand / load...I'll purchase 4-6 boxes of it to make sure I have some salted away. Other than the initial shooting to get it zero'd in and find that "right load"...I cant see me shooting even 50 rounds a year with it.

Now...with my 222 and 22-250; 243 and 260....totally different story. With the 22-250 and the 243 I have almost 1200 rounds boxed up here ( all reloads) ready for prairie dogs.

I reload because I enjoy it and in my opinion it is the only way to bring out the full potential in a rifle. Now I only reload for my precision rifles. That keeps me plenty busy.

I have bunches of 5.56 lake city stockpiled for my SHTF guns.

I don't reload for my pistols but I have plenty of .45 ammo stored away.

In ideal conditions: I duplicate or slightly exceed factory performance that is tailored *to* that rifle, at a reduced cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts