Why no love for stockys

Have both tikka CF stocks. For a weight of 21oz and a price around $450 shipped. No complaints from me. Agree fit isn't perfect but I've left them as they are and they feel good.

Is it a great stock for 488 or is it a great stock compared to manners/AG/etc?

Thought about this one for a bit.

I've kinda dipped my toes into composites ankle deep head first. Learned a lot centered around boats but the reality is that both guns and domestic boat production are cottage industries at best in the USA. As such its pretty easy to run in concentric circles with stock and barrel guys when working with suppliers. Reality is my last shaft was supplied by the same guy who sells most the big name guys their barrel stock. My glass guy also sells material to some of the lesser mainstream stock makers and the company supplies at least one of the big ones.

What I've learned from all that is, much of the cost is qc and design. Nobody has the market cornered on tech at this level. Just not enough money in it. So all are rocking roughly the tech they are capable of and it works. Going to boil down to how good is the design and how good is the qc in the mfg process. Chances are the stockys stocks are layed up in identical style molds and with similar resins as ag, peak 44, modern manners etc... the difference being minimal. Cost difference probably boils down to do you like x or y s ergonomics or aesthetic, and who do you trust to get it right first.