GPS feature you'll love!!!

Out of the around 12 years that I worked for NDOT in construction, the most I did was Roaway Surveying and I was always trying to use my gps to find control points and it did help even though back in those days gps were not as accurate. Man! I enjoyed doing that!

Hmmm....

All I remember you doing is testing the "Track-Back" by making the boss drive strickly by the GPS and see if it would keep us on the road. I also remember driving around town trying to find where your Garmin told us where town was "exactly". I don't remember using it to find control points.

You know I'm kidding. I know you well enough that I read all of your posts with a spanish accent.

Hmmm....

All I remember you doing is testing the "Track-Back" by making the boss drive strickly by the GPS and see if it would keep us on the road. I also remember driving around town trying to find where your Garmin told us where town was "exactly". I don't remember using it to find control points.

You know I'm kidding. I know you well enough that I read all of your posts with a spanish accent.

Heyyyyy!!!! Bud your not old enough to remember all of it.:D

I remember helping you how to work with radial stakeouts using coordinates and now your a big shot! See... you're young and I'm old.

Finally, I want you to know that I don't have an accent when I write in English. Ask anyone in here!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D

Any good Lowrance IFinder with Topo or or other mapping software will do the same thing. Just zoom all the way in where you think the animal is on the chart (map), make a waypoint,,,tell it to go to waypoint, and from anywhere you are, you'll get a good path,,turn tracking on and it will show you your path also. Been using one for years, also set a waypoint when I get out of my truck so I know how far I got to drag the dead back,,there are more uses for a really good handheld GPS with good mapping software than you can think of,,like finding a treestand in the dark. I always use Lowrance so I can use Map Create on the PC to edit anything I save. Use it as standby on my boat when offshore, carry it scouting to mark water, rubs, mudholes, or scrapes. They are amazing pieces of equipment that I never leave without, oh yeah they will also get you home when hopelessly lost!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.