GPS Recommendations

The 76csx floats, plus it has the marine functions. Screens are the same on the color models. Other than that,they are pretty much the same. Just go fondle them and see which how they fit and how it is to use the buttons.

I like the 76csx since I use it during duck season - with my luck I will probably drop it in some water, I figure it floating might save me a big headache one day.

garmen 76 saved our butts one night when we ran out of gas in a 18ft whaler 30miles out port aransas in 4 to 6ft seas had two 5 gallon cans of gas for just in case this happen but had to be within 10 miles of port before we used it watched the gps and drifted fished till 2am when it told us we where a little less than 10 miles fired up the motor made back to the marina and ran out of gas again about 50yards from the dock said more than one prayer that night

Opinion on a Rhino.....well you want a radio or a GPS? if your battery dies your out both...lose one at least you have the other.

I don't want to offend you, but how is more easy for you:
1. to have a Rino combo (GPS and Radio) in one unit and 1 extra set o f battery?
or
2. two sep. units, one for GPS with 1 set of battery, and the second one Radio with another set of batteryes?

Specially when you hunt without a car, ATV, you will appreciate less weight on your backpack, on a long day hunting, plus you have in one unit 2 devices.
You will set your GPS to be on track, and when you have to talk, just press the "mike", without leaving not for a second the GPS interface.

Sorry, but this is my way, and I really appreciate less weight on my pack.

Thank you
Cris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.