Why is everyone selling their Vortex Razor HD LHT's?

I have two 3-15x50 SFP with this reticle. Love the simplicity of the reticle. One is mounted on the 280A1 and the other in the 30-06.

Screenshot_20210809-173232_Chrome.jpg

Perfect match if you subscribe to this methodology.

Probably due to the Gen 2? 4.5-22 ffp being out now.
This is real. The new one being FFP without much weight penalty is a real purchase driver.

The LHT are a solid optic.
Both are solid optic imo, but I haven't used either.

The only other thing is it seems like Vortex is under attack for excess warranty because they will take anything back. They make no effort to push back when you try to return it. Sometimes they just function check and clean. People like that, but it creates a false sense that their scopes have a bunch of warranty. Other makers have told me they won't fix(or look at) tight knobs or flakes seen internally.

I've seen a ton of these scopes "lightly used" for sale all over multiple forums lately. I've read great things about this scope and was planning on diving on one for a build. But I've seen enough to be concerned. Maybe its just me. Has anyone else noticed?
Keep in mind that friends and family often also get a huge discount this time of year from Vortex. So if they were able to upgrade for the same price they can sell the old version for they are going to go for it.

Following. I've had some bad experiences with Vortex but I want to like this optic and am aprehensive to buy another. I love the features and the weight but I too noticed there's a lot coming up for sale.

The only other thing is it seems like Vortex is under attack for excess warranty because they will take anything back. They make no effort to push back when you try to return it. Sometimes they just function check and clean. People like that, but it creates a false sense that their scopes have a bunch of warranty. Other makers have told me they won't fix(or look at) tight knobs or flakes seen internally.

Yup they are all about the customer. The problem is people buy a Crossfire and have issues and then all Vortex scopes suck. When you make a scope from $200 to $2000 there is a lot in the line so each has to be judged on their own merit and not by the cheapest in the line.

I like to buy, try out, and sell glass often just to check things out. That said I still have a SFP LHT on my 6.5 PRC...it has several "annoyances" but Vortex but did a good job designing a scope with all the right features at a good weight. IMO what sets it over the edge of a VX5HD is the reticle.

Recently I got over trying to save 4 or 5 oz on my scopes, I would rather save weight in other areas so I have been upgrading all my scopes.

Everyone on this site is addicted to wheeling and dealing and trying the next best thing. Selling slightly used to recoup some cash and try the next thing.
and here I am sitting here with a 20 year old B@L elite 4000 6-24x sitting on top of my 300win... she still points the little pill the right direction just like she did 2 decades back... why switch..
As to Vortex ending up used, I can kinda relate. I have two and I'm not the fondest of one. The 6-24x pst2 I have on my 7stw is a big pile of scope and the turrets seem to wander of center when you look at them and you need to pop her a few clicks back to zero. Simple fix is to treat it like an expensive scope instead of a common tool(don't beat it into everything you see while you are hunting). The 4-16x Vortex I have on my 7rum has the windage cap covered and is much more of a pleasure to field. both scopes have gotten me kills but I sometimes long for a couple more simple scopes.