Vortex Razor HD LHT Issue

morgaj1

I bought a Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x50 in March and mounted it on my Tikka T3x in 300 Win Mag with a DNZ Game Reaper mount. I've spent the past 2 months working up loads for this gun. So far, I've been impressed with this scope. Glass is good and tracking is spot on. I noticed this weekend that the illumination is not working and thought the battery was dead. I changed it twice with known good 2032 batteries and still nothing. Guess I'll be calling Vortex tomorrow to return it. I have a hog hunt planned next weekend and this was going to be my gun. Even if Vortex sends me a replacement, I won't have time to mount it and sight it in before the hunt. I am sure that Vortex's customer service will take care of it, but this is disappointing for my first Vortex experience.

They repaired it. Upon first use, the illumination would only work intermittently. They ultimately replaced it with a new one. That one has functioned flawlessly so far.

It was a huge pain. Especially considering that I did that twice. Vortex's customer service was great, I just wish I hadn't had to use them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts