Vortex Razor HD LH vs Razor LHT

I have been wanting to hold one in my hand for awhile...I guess I'll get my wallet out... I loved the Bushnell LRHS scopes for what they are --a well thought out scope with clear glass, rock solid tracking, tidy turrets,and easy to understand reticle that could be mounted low on your rifle. My only complaint is at 26 oz they were a tad heavy, but I bought my first one in 2014 and it is still going strong on my Norma mag 6 years later. I agree with the above poster a 4x20 would be the next one I'd like to see. Love the capped windage--I hold windage, and know very few hunters that dial it...and it makes it so much better when you are packing on a horse, or in a ranger not to have a windage knob sticking out. Thanks for the good review....looking foward to more.

I'd say it tracks.
the black poster covers a mud random tear.
I over cranked the windage because I was talking, not paying attention!
this is at 100 meters.

Attachments

• B138AA6E-06AC-4201-92A2-334C672A3C94.jpeg
    B138AA6E-06AC-4201-92A2-334C672A3C94.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 474
I still haven't done much anything but getting a new rifle broken in but I did crank the turret all the way up and back about 4 times before shooting today and it came right back to zero for first cold bore group.

I will say that I'm am so far from impressed with the clarity.
I will be reaching out to vortex.
if there's nothing wrong with it by their standards, I will be parting ways with it ASAP.

I will say that I'm am so far from impressed with the clarity.
I will be reaching out to vortex.
if there's nothing wrong with it by their standards, I will be parting ways with it ASAP.
Didn't you say the clarity was fantastic earlier?

Didn't you say the clarity was fantastic earlier?
Above 8x, it was not bad. Overall, I am disappointed. The VX5HD was far clearer at the low end and once it was on a rifle, slightly better at the high end.
remember, I held back and only gave initial impression from the optic mounted on a fixture. Today it was at the range.
663196D7-7081-4AA9-85E6-C73C1126A3DC.jpeg

Between the Razor HD LHT and the Leupold VX-5HD, which one would y'all decide on?
Rugged internals (holding zero, tracking accurately and rtz EVERY TIME) is what's most important to me by far so I'd go Razor. I still don't have complete confidence like my NF but I'll continue to test/beat on the erector and report back if it's not perfect.

I had fun with the erector today getting it 0'd and shooting all over the **** place. Definitely seemed to track well. The windage turret is super mushy though, I really wouldn't want to dial windage long range. Glass looks great and I love the reticle as far as clarity/precision goes, though considering the windage turret I wish I had better windage hashes for holding.

I've never had a nice scope before, but had a chance to look through a V4 the other day side by side, and this was similar if not better. I would say similar at low mag, and at full magnification, I would say a bit more clear for the LHT. Very very nice zero stop and elevation turret over all. Crips clear clicks, zero stop stops 0.5mrad below 0.

C5hkvX0.jpg

After holing up the target all over sighting, shot a 3 shot group at 200 yards at the bottom circle. Was a hair high so did 1 click down then shot 4 shot group at the center. Far from by best shooting, but practice makes perfect I guess!

rbgPvDG.jpg

Going to wait for a less windy day (good luck here on the prairies) and shoot another box though it. Then time to get the hand loading station going!

Shot the LHT from 460 to 1126yds (10.4mils) today on a rare nearly windless morning. Tracking/RTZ was perfect right along with a couple NXS and SWFA's. I thing these will ride on a few more of my lightweight rigs.

Could someone offer some advice? Looking to buy this scope and I don't know if I should get MOA or MIL. I'm a new shooter but am very good with numbers. A buddy said being good with numbers, I should get Mil. But I see mostly MOA talk on here so not sure. Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.