Why is 300 RUM brass so hard to come by

If you look around you can find loaded ammo as cheap as brass. It must be practically all being loaded and not sold as components. I got 3 boxes of Remington 200g Swift A-frame shipped for 100$.

Midway has Hornady 300 RUM brass in stock now and Norma/Nosler is usually around somewhere. My local sportsman's has 5 boxes of Norma in stock.

If you look around you can find loaded ammo as cheap as brass. It must be practically all being loaded and not sold as components. I got 3 boxes of Remington 200g Swift A-frame shipped for 100$.

The funny thing is that the brass from factory loads is different than component brass. The brass is a different weight and the headstamp is printed differently. So, who actually knows what the story is?

people complain about wbee brass??lightbulb

Clarify your question, please.

there is nothing to clarify. people complain about the cost of wbee brass. did this

answer ur question??lightbulb I have said that the manufactures do not care about the

reloading public. there is more money in loaded ammo than selling the reloading

components. this is going to get worse. That is the reason. less labor and overhead.

I buy a lot of my reloading components from Gunbroker. I own 4wbees

I hoard the caliber of brass that I use. 2-7mm, 2-340 and 1-257. I have

200 rounds for each.gun)

The funny thing is that the brass from factory loads is different than component brass. The brass is a different weight and the headstamp is printed differently. So, who actually knows what the story is?

Clarify your question, please.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Weatherby brass (Norma). I'm thinking Wbee is his local slang for Weatherby.
Even with context clues from the thread, I didn't understand what he meant either.

patrons have been complaining about the price of weatherby wbee brass. the person

on the posting was complaining about not being able to find 300rum brass

and the cost of the brass. I was comparing both posting. now does this

explain what I was referring to. it was a pun?????!!! a harmless reference to the

troubles on finding reloading components for certain calibers.lightbulbgun)

good luck with finding ur brass. check with gunbroker

My theory is that Remington has streamlined their production of rifle brass to accommodate the lack of supply on more common calibers of rifle ammo such as .223/ 5.56. Since Remington was the largest supplier of .300 rum brass it has put additional demand on the secondary suppliers and led to temporary shortages. Eventually supply of the more popular cartridges will go back to "normal" and Remington will catch up with the .300 rum cartridges.

Best advise is to get a couple boxes of factory rounds and use the brass until you find what you need.

I have 50 once fired and 50 still in box of Remington brass if ur interested.....send private message if u r.......thx

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.