Why Doesn't Berger make a Bonded Bullet??

I think we aren't talking about changing. Leave the current line. Just add a bonded version. That would introduce them to a larger section of the market. And yes some people love a exploding bullet but it doesn't take much searching to find a bunch of people that hate them. This may change some people back out of that thinking.

Although I agree that if they say it affects accuracy then that is up to them and i completely understands. If it messes with the process then I wouldn't either.

That is EXACTLY what I am thinking and was the premise of creating this thread.

Yes...ADD a bonded bullet to the Berger line.

From a pure profitability standpoint, chasing hunters that may shoot 20 bullets a year doesnt make sense when you can market to comp/target guys that shoot 1000's.

Did ya ever think that some people do BOTH? ;)

I consider myself a hunter first and a shooter second. I might only shoot a few bullets at big game per year but I shoot a hell of a lot of bullets a year for fun/training too.

PS: Regarding when you stated, "chasing hunters who may shoot 20 bullets a year." Do you realize how many MILLIONS of hunters "Shoot 20 Bullets a year?" For Berger or any other small business, that's allot of bullets.

Problem for Berger is that they make target bullets that some long range hunters like for shooting game. I doubt they sell a very large percentage to hunters. They already have bullets that those hunters like, so inventing a new bullet and marketing it to a new group would be risky from a business standpoint. Nosler, Swift, and Barnes have always marketed to this group of hunters. How much of their business could Berger take? If I was running the company I don't think I would seriously consider it.

The bonding process reduces accuracy, they have addresses this year's ago along with the same reason for not making a tipped bullet.
For me a bonded Berger would ruin what makes them the most lethal and consistent long range bullet many of us have used, there are choices out there, when every manufacture tries making the same stuff usually the product suffers across the board, they make thee most accurate production bullet that is crazy lethal because they stick to those higher standards.

we are talking about the same company that produces bullets that members have to manually clear the tips out with small diameter drill bits before the hunt with them.

Problem for Berger is that they make target bullets that some long range hunters like for shooting game. I doubt they sell a very large percentage to hunters. They already have bullets that those hunters like, so inventing a new bullet and marketing it to a new group would be risky from a business standpoint. Nosler, Swift, and Barnes have always marketed to this group of hunters. How much of their business could Berger take? If I was running the company I don't think I would seriously consider it.

Good Point. I imagine that allot of testing would go along with it so maybe wouldn't be worth the trouble/expense for a small business.

Then again, that's how a business grows...

Nosler produces hunting, target, and lr bonded bullets.
Hornady produces hunting, target, and lr hunting bullets.
Barnes produces hunting, target, and lr hunting bullets.
Sierra produces hunting, target, and lr hunting bullets.

notice a trend?

with all of the hype behind Berger, the risk associated with creating a new hunting bullet would be marginal. Consumers love new things. New things sell. Just look at hornady.

so why would anyone not want to capitalize and evolve with the current market?

Because every other bullet manufacture has that covered! Those that like Berger's like them for the way the perform as is, no need to change.

notice a trend?

with all of the hype behind Berger, the risk associated with creating a new hunting bullet would be marginal. Consumers love new things. New things sell. Just look at hornady.

We don't know what their business plan is for growth, or how they plan to invest in the growth of the company. I do know they have been working on some big ELR stuff lately. That may be a clue as to where they are headed. One thing is certain, they won't release anything to us unless they think it will be a good product that is accepted by its intended users.

notice a trend?

Berger hunting line = classic hunter
Berger lrh line= elite hunter, eol
Berger target line =hybrid,vld
so your point is what?
there is no bonded bullet because they don't need it. they make possibly the best 30 cal hunting bullet on the market but because it don't say hunting on the box its no good, really

so your point is what?
there is no bonded bullet because they don't need it. they make possibly the best 30 cal hunting bullet on the market but because it don't say hunting on the box its no good, really[/

thats my point.

so your point is what?
there is no bonded bullet because they don't need it. they make possibly the best 30 cal hunting bullet on the market but because it don't say hunting on the box its no good, really

Marketing aside, if all Berger's are non-bonded, what makes Berger's "Hunting Bullets" different than their "Target Bullets?"

Not trolling for an argument, serious question here.

notice a trend?

Frankly none of those are competitive with what Berger is producing, it's just fact that Berger holds tighter specs than those others until you get to smaller boutique bullet companies that are hand making each bullet. Large scale Berger are the most consistent and accurate and Walt Berger started and ran the company with accuracy standards and specs, if a bullet does not make it then it's not produced, so their bullets have to perform in a measurable way unlike many other who are marketing a new bling.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.