Why Doesn't Berger make a Bonded Bullet??

Ingwe

I will admit that for MYSELF, the only reason that I DID NOT choose Berger as a hunting bullet is because they aren't bonded. I am not posting this to start a debate on bonded vs non-bonded bullets, only on the reason why Berger hasn't done so.

I know that many or even most of you here a big proponents for Berger but like I said that for myself I want a bonded bullet. That's the only reason I'm using Accubond LR's.

In my 7mm Rem Mag I am using 175gr ABLR's

I'm with you on this one. I like a drain hole. Even for a bonded bullet I've found the ABLR's to be pretty soft. They have to be if they are going to expand down to 1400 or so like they claim. Stay away from bone inside the rifle's point blank range. They can be nasty up close. They are a fine LR bullet. I couldn't get my 28N to shoot the 175's to my liking, and am hunting with 162ELDX's. I will revisit the 175's when N570 becomes available again.

The bonding process reduces accuracy, they have addresses this year's ago along with the same reason for not making a tipped bullet.
For me a bonded Berger would ruin what makes them the most lethal and consistent long range bullet many of us have used, there are choices out there, when every manufacture tries making the same stuff usually the product suffers across the board, they make thee most accurate production bullet that is crazy lethal because they stick to those higher standards.

I have wondered about a similar question as well. Not just about Berger, but really any of the ultra-high BC bullet makers. For example the Hornady ELDx line... Why not make make them bonded? Or why not make a ultra high BC bullet designed after the partition? I bet people would pay a huge premium for bullets like this if they shot as well as the Berger Hybrids, or Hornady ELDx's and were bonded or had a partition.

I will admit that for MYSELF, the only reason that I DID NOT choose Berger as a hunting bullet is because they aren't bonded. I am not posting this to start a debate on bonded vs non-bonded bullets, only on the reason why Berger hasn't done so.

I know that many or even most of you here a big proponents for Berger but like I said that for myself I want a bonded bullet. That's the only reason I'm using Accubond LR's.

In my 7mm Rem Mag I am using 175gr ABLR's
Because berger fans like them for what they are. Why change technology when what they put out works for a lot of us? I think they were always catering to the competition/target community. The fact that their bullets work on game was an unintended consequence that they decided to capitalize on.

Because berger fans like them for what they are. Why change technology when what they put out works for a lot of us? I think they were always catering to the competition/target community. The fact that their bullets work on game was an unintended consequence that they decided to capitalize on.

I think we aren't talking about changing. Leave the current line. Just add a bonded version. That would introduce them to a larger section of the market. And yes some people love a exploding bullet but it doesn't take much searching to find a bunch of people that hate them. This may change some people back out of that thinking.

Although I agree that if they say it affects accuracy then that is up to them and i completely understands. If it messes with the process then I wouldn't either.

I think we aren't talking about changing. Leave the current line. Just add a bonded version. That would introduce them to a larger section of the market. And yes some people love a exploding bullet but it doesn't take much searching to find a bunch of people that hate them. This may change some people back out of that thinking.

Although I agree that if they say it affects accuracy then that is up to them and i completely understands. If it messes with the process then I wouldn't either.

From a pure profitability standpoint, chasing hunters that may shoot 20 bullets a year doesnt make sense when you can market to comp/target guys that shoot 1000's.

From a pure profitability standpoint, chasing hunters that may shoot 20 bullets a year doesnt make sense when you can market to comp/target guys that shoot 1000's.
That's what I thought when some ammo makers abandoned target shooters and I asked the question. I thought it was a fair question from someone who shoots 40k a year. I was quickly told target shooters are such a small percentage that their usage is insignificant, and they could sell more ammo with just one NASCAR ad. But that was a couple years ago before NASCAR quit allowing gun ads LOL.

that's what I thought until I was schooled by a major ammunition manufacturer. I thought it was a valid question from someone who shoots 40k rounds a year. I was quickly told we are such a small segment of the population our purchases are insignificant and don't matter. Said they can sell more ammo with one NASCAR ad. Of course that was before NASCAR stopped accepting ads from them LOL. I won't tell the brand, but they come in green boxes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.