Why can’t we get good dies!

can someone "spalin" what a "clicker" is if it's NOT a misfire ?
Now you are telling us you are arguing something you don't even understand? WOW! The "clickers" Ryan is talking about is the "click" at the top of primary extraction. We do agree on one thing, there are trolls in the thread. Have a great weekend.

Nobody I have ever known has cut a reamer to match a die. That makes zero sense. The problem is that the tolerance stack has gotten out of hand and a tight SAAMI chamber does not get sized enough by a loose die plain and simple. I know and I am sure Ryan does too that we can get custom dies. That still does not answer the why? Why don't they just make dies that will actually size SAAMI Min chambers. This is all repeat of what Ryan said.

Yes but neither Ryan nor his water boy can explain a "clicker".

Any cartridge that chamber will fire if the headspace is correct.

I'm finding both Ryan and his water boy totally incomprehensible.

Neither can explain the problem, provide examples, or describe the the "clicker".

Until they can I'm calling BS and troll. Waste of bandwidth !
yup... I'm out... most case sizing issues can be traced back to over pressure loadings... If they'll go in the first time, they should be good for the life of the case unless the user is doing something wrong.

Now you are telling us you are arguing something you don't even understand? WOW! The "clickers" Ryan is talking about is the "click" at the top of primary extraction. We do agree on one thing, there are trolls in the thread. Have a great weekend.

Every rifle "clicks" at the top of primary extraction. It's called a sear reset. He said NOTHING about extraction problems.

Back to reloading 101.

When you can find me the term "clicker" in ANY book on shooting or reloading, send a link.

So lets take this step by step.

1. Ryan reloads a cartridge with his dies.
2. It chambers fine.
3. It fires fine.
4. He lifts the bolt and hears a click
5. The cartridge extracts okay.

The only reasons he would have extraction difficulties are a rifle defect or (far more probable) too hot loads.

Again I call BS.

I know and I am sure Ryan does too that we can get custom dies. That still does not answer the why? Why don't they just make dies that will actually size SAAMI Min chambers. This is all repeat of what Ryan said.
This I have not understood. Why not let the OP speak for himself. Are you his father?

I'm finding both Ryan and his water boy totally incomprehensible.
Thanks, though ad hominem is not necessary, I had a good laugh.

At this point, I still have no idea what a "clicker" is. When I read the OP, I thought of the dog training device you see people with at Home Depot. Some of them are nut jobs.

I shoot four wildcats. I have custom dies for only two -- one set sucks and I never use them. For my 338 Edge, I use three different dies from other calibers I shoot to size and load them. I get less than 1/2 MOA on my good days.
Identify the problem, adapt and overcome. Whining about lack of availability is useless.

throat cn easily be lengthened with a throating reamer. piloted and very slow...by hand.
this is not a DIE issue. dies do not play with throats, only the cases behind THE THROAT.
With the two customs I've done I've spec'd the chamber to match my dies... I still ended up getting a bit shorter/ tighter throat on my 7rum than I expected, but it's still a saami chamber and the dies work fine. I just need to keep the powder charge down a good bit with the short throat. I suppose I could touch it up with a throating reamer, but I suspect 500 shots from now the rum will have done that on it's own...

which has nothing to do with the question.
next weekend, townsend mt. 2000 yard match.
bring your 300 rum and prove it.
5 shot strings for group and score.
no random steel hits.
I have 2 dozen rifles and load ALL with off the shelf dies. Everyone goes bang when I pull the trigger and I'm sure my 338 RUM is just as accurate as you Edge.

well you are wrong.
it is actually simple.
ask your reamer grinder if they make dies for any name maker. if yes buy those dies and spec your throat/tolerance and go for it. I know a smith that gets serious reload count by building this way. don't chase the dies.
don't listen to me..i don't have the issue...you do.
think about that.
Nobody I have ever known has cut a reamer to match a die. That makes zero sense. The problem is that the tolerance stack has gotten out of hand and a tight SAAMI chamber does not get sized enough by a loose die plain and simple. I know and I am sure Ryan does too that we can get custom dies. That still does not answer the why? Why don't they just make dies that will actually size SAAMI Min chambers. This is all repeat of what Ryan said.

which has nothing to do with the question.
next weekend, townsend mt. 2000 yard match.
bring your 300 rum and prove it.
5 shot strings for group and score.
no random steel hits.

You want to pay the airfare, I'll be happy to come.

Nothing in your posts has anything to do with what the OP was confused about.

And BTW it's a 20 pound 338 RUM (read before typing)

YOU MADE THE CLAIM NOT ME. why should I pay ???
MY 338 EDGE IS 22 LBS. so pretty much even.
show up, put up or just more intenet bs.
( yes I see the 300 vs 338, the match will go on)

You want to pay the airfare, I'll be happy to come.

Nothing in your posts has anything to do with what the OP was confused about.

And BTW it's a 20 pound 338 RUM (read before typing)

Man, look what a morning of work will turn into. All of my custom rifles have min saami chambers with proper FB for bullet i will be shooting. It doesn't make sense to me why brass manufactures have to be .003-.006 less than min chamber. Why doesn't the die companies follow suit and make there dies based off min saami spec? Does not make sense to me at all. I appreciate Rfurman's responses. He knows what i am talking about. When you get 2-3 firings on brass and the .200 line measuring from the case head up is not sized, you will get a click at the top of opening the bolt. I am not running excessive pressure. (28 Nosler-275FB-180 Hybrid- 3117 FPS with Retumbo) As one example. I ordered Whidden custom die and it sized shoulder .001 and web .001. Hornady custom die, some work great and others are polished to much and sent back. Luckily my gunsmith ( Alex Wheeler) is going to start making his own dies with a sizing reamer ordered with the chamber reamer.... Hornady and RCBS gold medal run the smallest sizes that i have seen. Redding is more nominal SAAMI sizing. (.549 fired, .54885 sized).