Who makes leather holster for FA -454 w/scope ??

H82MISS

Anyone know of a leather maker who makes a nice rig for a Freedom Arms 454, with a Leupold scope mounted on it ?? I don't really like the one FA offers, and Alaska Leather makers don't offer one either. Thanks for help.

Check out Galco! I bought a cross-chest carry rig for my S&W 460 from them! They make them for scoped or non-scoped! memtb

Sure wished they did. I have other Galco leather products-and they are top notch. I just can't believe no one else out there doesn't make something of quality leather.

Sure wished they did. I have other Galco leather products-and they are top notch. I just can't believe no one else out there doesn't make something of quality leather.

Sorry! I didn't look……just assumed that they would! A shame, cause they make good stuff!

You may contact Galco and see if they might make one……never know until you ask!

Diamond D makes one….. no clue as to quality.

7X Leather…..maybe but pricey.

Good Luck! memtb

What type of scope mount do you have? I have a Jack Weigand picatinny rail with red dot sight on my Smith.

I bought the Galco Kodiak Alaskan which is made for your gun……before going rail/red dot, and didn't want to buy another holster.

You probably will not like my solution, and may not work for your application. I simply removed a piece of the holster, just enough to clear the sight. It looks a little "tacky", but works just fine! Though that probably won't work with the two ring mounting system for a scope! memtb

Last edited:
What type of scope mount do you have? I have a Jack Weigand picatinny rail with red dot sight on my Smith.

I bought the Galco Kodiak Alaskan which is made for your gun……before going rail/red dot, and didn't want to buy another holster.

You probably will not like my solution, and may not work for your application. I simply removed a piece of the holster, just enough to clear the sight. It looks a little "tacky", but works just fine! Though that probably won't work with the two ring mounting system for a scope! memtb
I also thought of maybe "cutting" a piece of leather away to allow the scoped 83 to fit. It currently wears a picatinny rail with Warne mounts holding a variable Leupold handgun scope.

Triple K Big Thunder 474, got er from Midway list is $230 but, they sell em for $156. The Ruger Super Blackhawk 7.5 should be close for an FA. They are actually very well made !

I was told by customer service at Midway, that t he leather would not stretch around the larger cylinder of the FA revolver, so it will not fit properly. Looked like a really nice rig though. Thanks.

I was told by customer service at Midway, that t he leather would not stretch around the larger cylinder of the FA revolver, so it will not fit properly. Looked like a really nice rig though. Thanks.
Not sure if the guy at Midway knows much about those Triple K, Big Thunder holster but they are like a clam, hinge at bottom, and easily adjustable to expand 1/8- 1/4 of an inch larger diameter cylinder, and straps are very adjustable. The leather doesn't have to stretch at all, he must be thinking of different type of holster. Good luck