Who makes glass for Nightforce Atacr and Beast?

Thanks for the link, very interesting reading. I was going off what I read in a copy of Swarovski Optik Closer that outlined their history.

Hi Guys,

2 years ago, I visit the MEOPTA factory in CZ and I saw NIGHTFORCE scopes. The guy from MEOPTA told me that NIGHTFORCE sent them scope bodies, they put their own lenses and they send the scopes back to NIGHTFORCE. MEOPTA makes its own lenes.

I bet Nikon makes their glass to their specs. If that is the case they probably keep it a secret. Nikon makes spotting scopes that people choose over Swarovski and they have done it a long time with their cameras that were some of best.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care who makes NF glass! All I know is that it is an excellent glass/scope. NF has many attributes that make it a fine quality scope. I saw one in a gunsmiths shop that had a HUGE dent in the ocular bell, but the glass and mechanisms still were intact. He did not know how it happened, but we were both highly impressed. I own an embarrassing number of NF scopes and bought many on this web site. I've owned Swaros, Leupolds, Vortexs, and Zeiss, among others. Only the little 10 power Zeiss comes close to equaling NF quality.

Schott glass is a world leader. Tract is using their glass in their upper end scopes. Waiting for mine to arrive today.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care who makes NF glass! All I know is that it is an excellent glass/scope. NF has many attributes that make it a fine quality scope. I saw one in a gunsmiths shop that had a HUGE dent in the ocular bell, but the glass and mechanisms still were intact. He did not know how it happened, but we were both highly impressed. I own an embarrassing number of NF scopes and bought many on this web site. I've owned Swaros, Leupolds, Vortexs, and Zeiss, among others. Only the little 10 power Zeiss comes close to equaling NF quality.
SO your the guy stock piling...:p:rolleyes::D:)

I will choose Valdada over NF if it were one or the other. I do have both but the clarity of IOR/V is definitely better than NF.
Just my .002

The Japanese have a very few glass & lens makers who supply the Japanese scope makers to the specs. Japanese high end ED glass is just as good as the equivalent European glass.

Eric B.

Schott has a factory in Japan now. That is where Tract glass comes from troupe.

I have asked the question if all the Japanese glass is made to the same specs as the European Schott glass and it wasn't answered.

I seen somewhere that LOW makes NF glass and some scopes say made in Japan so that would make sense except Paul saw NF scopes in CZ and that throws a wrench in the works.

Schott has a factory in Japan now. That is where Tract glass comes from troupe.

I have asked the question if all the Japanese glass is made to the same specs as the European Schott glass and it wasn't answered.

I seen somewhere that LOW makes NF glass and some scopes say made in Japan so that would make sense except Paul saw NF scopes in CZ and that throws a wrench in the works.
I think the company in japan is Nakamura ?,they made zeiss binos and then they are shipped to Europe for final assembly.
They make Tract as well as others and have access to Shott glass

My Tract arrived today. The glass is awesome in the Tract. As good as any that I have looked through, including Swaro, NF and SB at a lot less money. We will see how well it performs soon. It is amazing what a middleman adds to the price of optics.

I bet Nikon makes their glass to their specs. If that is the case they probably keep it a secret. Nikon makes spotting scopes that people choose over Swarovski and they have done it a long time with their cameras that were some of best.

If money wasn't a factor, do you know of even one guy who would choose Nikon over Swarovski?;)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.