Who makes glass for Nightforce Atacr and Beast?

Mtl

Any info? I believe the glass for Nxs was made in Japan. For the above Atacr and Beast it must be either Japanese or some of the european glass companies, but not sure. Nightforce is using Meopta glass on their spotting scope. Any info appreciated.

They dont know that stuff here in Europe, thrust me. And i dont believe they will tell you which glass manufacturer they are using for marketing reasons since they buy it from somebody. Zeiss, and few others that actually grinds their own glass from raw material advertize that, since it it only a good thing for the whole product. Maybe I am wrong..

Last edited:
Not sure on those 2 scopes but I believe Meopta does the glass for the Nightforce spotter.

that is not just glass its a meopta spotter that is relabeled. I think LOW japan makes much of nightforce products but they are assembled in idaho. I think the compact scopes are made in USA though, Glass probably still comes from japan

So if Nightforce has its lenses made by Metopa or another Japanese company, why are you guys paying Swarovski prices?

I paid Swarovski prices but I got a Swarovski;)

I love my X5 but I am not confident you can use it to hammer tent stakes like you can with the Nightforce. In order of importance to me is tracking, durability, then glass. If my scope tracks and is not broke and I can put a reticle on an animal I can kill it. Glass is not as important as people want it to be. Do not get me wrong all else being equal I want great glass but it is definitely not a priority. Bigngreen nailed it.

Meopta uses Schott glass for at least some of their scopes. All Schott shares are owned solely by Carl Zeiss AG and in the past Meopta has made Zeiss scopes.

Do you know is there any proof of this? Heard longtime ago about the Conquest line been build by Meopta also.

I have heard from a source in the industry that almost all scope companies get their glass from the same place i.e. Nightforce, Vortex, Schmidt and so on. From there on out they all have their own proprietary coatings and finishing processes.

I think previously Nightforce scopes Nxs and Br model glass was produced at LOW (Light Optical Works) at Japan from start to finish and assembled in Usa.

Meopta, Zeiss, S&B and Swaro are using Schott raw glass material and at least Meopta and Zeiss both do their coatings at their own factories using their own methods.

The reason I was asking is that now when Nightforce spotters are made by Meopta, maybe they extended their expertice on glass to the top two NF scopes also.

Last edited:
The old Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x42mm is now the Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x 42mm HTR.
The Meopta European website says they use Schott glass.
Swarovski makes their own glass and have done for a long time.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.