Who makes the best scope for the $$$?

Pat S.

I'm going to purchase a new scope for my .30-06' hunting rifle and am torn between a Leupold VX3 3.5X10, Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5X10, or a Weaver Grand Slam 3X10. Any input on these scopes would be appreciated.

Pat S.

Of the 3 you mentioned, I would also say the Bushnell Elite 4200. But I would take a Nikon Monarch over the Elite 4200. I just think that it is a better scope and less money.

PatS,
I would take the Leupold any day of the week
but i'm sure it is the most expensive of the
scopes you listed
B

My '06 wears an Elite 4000 2.5X10 so you know where my vote would go.

Other very good choices include Burris Fullfield II (lighter, funcky reticle), and Nikon Monarch (maybe a bit better optics - depends on your eyes).

Jerry

Thanks to all who replied. I picked up a very slightly used Bushnell 4200 Elite for $250 at a local pawn shop. The only indication it was ever mounted is a very slight ring mark on the underside near the power adjustment ring. I've owned and still own several Leupolds (older VX2s and compact) but the costs for their VX3s have driven me away. I'm anxious to give it a try tomorrow.

Pat S.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.