which would you choose a Tangent Theta or Scmidt & Bender for for a long range and hunting scope.

The ZCO, because if it's higher elevation range, extends into a third revolution. There is a nicely designed indicator and scale on the ZCO turret. One of the deciding factors for me was the elevation range ZCO. Not so much for LRH, but for double use for off-season rimfire PRS competition. I can very easily reach out to the maximum match ranges using the turret with the 36mm tube in the ZCO. The 420's power range(4x20) is perfect for this sport as well.
I only see Mil, no MOA. Do they have one in MOA?

Thanks Lancetkenyon I have seen a few ZCOs for sale up here but relly like the TT. If for no other reason than that they have been around longer from what I know.

TT>ZCO>S&B.
To be honest, S&B PMII 5-25×56 MTC2/LT does not compare to TT or ZCO any longer.
TT is the absolute King in just about every aspect.
ZCO is close.
At the current price difference, ZCO is a smart buy.
I'm not so sure that a general classification of "best" or "king" applies when a shooter/hunter chooses between the TT or the ZCO. It certainly didn't for me. IMO, either brand scope displays a superior level of glass quality, mechanical precision, and build quality that is difficult to discern, and pretty much neutralizes these core attributes. As I found out when selecting between the two brands, each has a number of distinguishing features and formats that will be a major factor in an individuals preferenc for one or the other. Differences in reticle design, magnification range, elevation range, tactile feel of the turret and power ring, parallax control, weight, size, price, and even styling are variables, and will play a role in one's preference and selection. For my use, after looking into the sum of these aspects, my selection of the ZCO 420 became obvious for my particular use, and I'm elated with my decision. But it's not to say another shooter would have made the same choice for the same reasons.

-

My selection of the ZCO 420 became obvious for my particular use, and I'm elated with my decision.
Me too! X2...
20211221_062845.jpg

I'm not so sure that a general classification of "best" or "king" applies when a shooter/hunter chooses between the TT or the ZCO. It certainly didn't for me. IMO, either brand scope displays a superior level of glass quality, mechanical precision, and build quality that is difficult to discern, and pretty much neutralizes these core attributes. As I found out when selecting between the two brands, each has a number of distinguishing features and formats that will be a major factor in an individuals preferenc for one or the other. Differences in reticle design, magnification range, elevation range, tactile feel of the turret and power ring, parallax control, weight, size, price, and even styling are variables, and will play a role in one's preference and selection. For my use, after looking into the sum of these aspects, my selection of the ZCO 420 became obvious for my particular use, and I'm elated with my decision. But it's not to say another shooter would have made the same choice for the same reasons.

-
I agree that between the ZCO and TT it's not really a matter of one being better, it's more a matter of differences. I like my TT315M on a dedicated hunter due to the weight. Tangent has better turrets and slightly better depth of field. I'd say the "glass" is overall slightly better on the Tangent as well. I also like the gen 2 mildot on a dedicated hunter. For overall use or for crossover use, I prefer both my ZComps over tangent as I prefer the reticle, controls, eyebox and image of the ZCO.

I am sure both scopes will have minimum advantages or disadvantage but as Orkan mentions, the P series is in a class by itself. Everyone wants to look at glass quality, design, etc but at distance, what matters in my opinion is repeatability. If I dial 4.3 Mil, does the scope track 4.3 Mil exactly and there is no horizontal movement. If I zero the turret, does it come back to zero. Run a tall target test with the P series and you will understand.

Either scope would be great choice.

I have S&B's, Swarovski's and friends with TT and ZCO's and if I wasn't so heavily invested in the S&B I'd likely go TT. My 2 biggest complaints with the S&B's are the battery compartment and illumination dial are behind the ring closest to your face which means they generally sit further back than the others. My only dig on the ZCO is that you need what I'm going to call odd sized rings because of the tube diameter and at the time my friend bought them the mounting options were fairly limited, the finish also seemed to get marked up fairly easy on his. Other than not being familiar with the mechanics of the TT I couldn't find anything I didn't like about it. I'd only use these scopes if weight wasn't an issue, I however like my rifles light so I use the Z8 on my hunting rifles.

Looks like I will go with the TT scope in the 5-25x56P model. I would like to thank Orkan for the advice he gave me. He really helped me with the question I had.