which would you choose a Tangent Theta or Scmidt & Bender for for a long range and hunting scope.

From what I have seen here in Canada the S&Bs are the cheaper of the scopes mentioned at 4 to 5 thousand. Then ZCO at around 5500. Then TT at 6250 and March has scopes in the 8 grand range. Premium glass up here is not cheap and even cheap glass isn't that cheap. The joys of living in a dictatorship I guess.

Neither...have had S&B in the past and find that scope to be epic and better than the Tangent but after spending 10's of thousands of dollars over the past 20 years to find the perfect combination of glass and function - I recommend Kahles k5-25i over every single other scope on the market. Period dot

Ok, let the replies come about that is not what the question was or what we are talking ok. Fair, but if someone is going to spend 3k plus on a scope, might as well have all the information.

That's been going on for 8 years. No one I know that shoots seriously is running a S&B right now, unless its a backup rifle or some rifle they don't take super seriously.

We must run in different circles. S&B's were crapping out with regularity, while TT's are a sure thing and have been for nearly a decade. ZCO is the new kid with something to prove, and they are doing a good job of it.
Perhaps. I can only attest to mine and others in my small circle which has been run hard, and have proven to be faultless and dead reliable for both PRC and LRH. I've seen quite a few scopes fail, particularly in PRS. S&B's and TT's have not been amongst them. I'll be curious to see how the ZCO runs over time. I'm really liking my 420 so far!

Neither...have had S&B in the past and find that scope to be epic and better than the Tangent but after spending 10's of thousands of dollars over the past 20 years to find the perfect combination of glass and function - I recommend Kahles k5-25i over every single other scope on the market. Period dot

Ok, let the replies come about that is not what the question was or what we are talking ok. Fair, but if someone is going to spend 3k plus on a scope, might as well have all the information.
I've had all level quality/price of riflescopes…the only one out of the bunch that blew me away with its clarity is a Kahle. Absolutely stunning glass…..

I've had all level quality/price of riflescopes…the only one out of the bunch that blew me away with its clarity is a Kahle. Absolutely stunning glass…..
It's was the best I have observed as well! I just couldn't warm up to the ergonomics of the parallax knob. Just me.. I will say that the founders of ZCO, formerly having held senior positions at Kahles and Nightforce was one of the factors playing into my decision to initially look into the newcomer, ZCO.

You must have had the best one they ever built... because this is not a common thing I hear.

You must have had the best one they ever built... because this is not a common thing I hear.
Most of the folks who would say that havent run one...IME. In Snipers Hide tracking testing it received the highest marks in across the board testing V NF and all the other high end scopes in every single category - the glass is 100% Swaro's best. Most people dont know Kahles is a Swaro company so they get the very best glass

Most of the folks who would say that havent run one...IME. In Snipers Hide tracking testing it received the highest marks in across the board testing V NF and all the other high end scopes in every single category - the glass is 100% Swaro's best. Most people dont know Kahles is a Swaro company so they get the very best glass
Boy, I don't even know where to start with all that... so I'm just not going to start. You do you, and I'm glad you're happy.

I've had a Kahles K525i. I liked that scope quite a bit. The K525i is not in the same tier as Tangent Theta or Zero Compromise. The ergonomics of the Kahles are great, and overall the Kahles is good. Just not Tangent Theta/Zero Compromise good.

I've had a Kahles K525i. I liked that scope quite a bit. The K525i is not in the same tier as Tangent Theta or Zero Compromise. The ergonomics of the Kahles are great, and overall the Kahles is good. Just not Tangent Theta/Zero Compromise good.
That is the common sentiment. The sentiment most shared among those that have actually owned all of the top tier scopes and used them for a while.

Another reality is that most people are not asking much of their scopes... as they engage huge targets in PRS/NRL, but the field gets separated pretty quickly when engaging tiny targets beyond 500yds.

That is the common sentiment. The sentiment most shared among those that have actually owned all of the top tier scopes and used them for a while.

Another reality is that most people are not asking much of their scopes... as they engage huge targets in PRS/NRL, but the field gets separated pretty quickly when engaging tiny targets beyond 500yds.
Like you, where do I start to pick this apart - but also like you...to each their own and enjoy your optic!

Each persons eye is different, each persons chooses what is best for them. I have owned every scope in the discussion...run them in military, hunting and in professional shooting environments. Have had them for free, have had them at a discount and have paid my own money for them. After all that, I took money out of my pocket and bought 7 Kahles scopes for my custom rifles.

What we know to be true is that if you buy glass from a top company that truly puts their effort into 3k plus optics in form, clarity and function, you will get something amazing

Not to worry, I'll be here to help those that get it wrong the first time around.

It is funny how threads go I asked the best between TT and S^B. I went off the original thread topictoo. Now we are comparing and saying Khales isthe beat. Funny how threads go isn't it.