which would you choose a Tangent Theta or Scmidt & Bender for for a long range and hunting scope.

It is funny how threads go I asked the best between TT and S^B. I went off the original thread topictoo. Now we are comparing and saying Khales isthe beat. Funny how threads go isn't i
OMG you mean someone posted an opinion on a public web site that was not completely consistent with the post (even after pointing out that they were going to)? First time that has ever happened

OMG you mean someone posted an opinion on a public web site that was not completely consistent with the post (even after pointing out that they were going to)? First time that has ever happened
Lol....He wasn't asking for another opinion on anything but his Two Choices! It was refreshing to see someone not dumb enough to say " AAAAAAHHH ...WHAT SCOPE SHOULD I BUY". It would be even more refreshing and meaningful if folks could just once...stay on track...or stay quiet! It came close the other week on a choice between just 2 guns! Just me

Neither...have had S&B in the past and find that scope to be epic and better than the Tangent but after spending 10's of thousands of dollars over the past 20 years to find the perfect combination of glass and function - I recommend Kahles k5-25i over every single other scope on the market. Period dot

Ok, let the replies come about that is not what the question was or what we are talking ok. Fair, but if someone is going to spend 3k plus on a scope, might as well have all the information.
I own the Kahles K5-25i and reay like it.But the scope I like more is my Tract Toric 4.5-30.
WHY? I just do.

Lol....He wasn't asking for another opinion on anything but his Two Choices! It was refreshing to see someone not dumb enough to say " AAAAAAHHH ...WHAT SCOPE SHOULD I BUY". It would be even more refreshing and meaningful if folks could just once...stay on track...or stay quiet! It came close the other week on a choice between just 2 guns! Just me
I refer to the answer I gave moments go. I apologize for hurting your feelings by adding my expertise to the thread.

I own the Kahles K5-25i and reay like it.But the scope I like more is my Tract Toric 4.5-30.
WHY? I just do.
All good. Its a great piece of glass. Nothing bad to say about it or the brand.

My eye and my style - prefer the 525 but that is why there are great brands out there...everyone gets exactly what they want.

I want to know only between these 2 scopes which would you choose. I know both are very good in all respects but let me know which offers the most elv, adjustment. Also is there any edge to 1 of them in the glass department.
Could you also suggest what mounts you would use to mount them on a Sako magnum length action. I would like to mount a rail with a 20 or 30 MOA rail. Thanks for the help in advance.
Bet you're glad you asked that question that way so you could hear about all these other ones. Between the two I would pick the TT. Five years ago I would have said S&B but unfortunately they've been way too content to rest on their laurels and haven't really innovated. And then there's the already discussed issue with prices, so to me the price performance ratio just isn't there anymore. As far as mounts go I would say Spuhr and don't look back. In fact if I recall correctly if your receiver has the dovetail, they have a couple of mounts that will mount directly to it without the need for the pic rail. You can get them in elevations from zero to 44 mil.

JMGamesniper I said it was funny how we all get off topic on threads.I apologise for your inability to read what is posted.
To those who kept to the post thanks and decided to go with the TT. This decsion was made with advice from Orkan and many others. I am am enjoying hearing all of the opinions being posted so keep them comming.

JMGamesniper I said it was funny how we all get off topic on threads.I apologise for your inability to read what is posted.
To those who kept to the post thanks and decided to go with the TT. This decsion was made with advice from Orkan and many others. I am am enjoying hearing all of the opinions being posted so keep them comming.
Yup! X2

Lol
That was me
Haha

Curious minds want to know and sorry that this is off topic, But have you ever Looked through, owned or shot a Kahles 525-i? I'm just wondering what I might be missing by not following your lead!

RockyRandy they had Khales and TT both in yhe store along with Ziess and Swaro. Now looking through scopes in a store is great but it is when you get outside that you see real differences. I noticed this when my brother bought a S&B and a Swaro in the late afternoon the S&B was a much brighter and clearer scope. Neither scope was the companies top end but both were of equal rating.. I was only able to look through the Khales and TT in the storeand the TT was nicer in many was especially the glass.

RockyRandy they had Khales and TT both in yhe store along with Ziess and Swaro. Now looking through scopes in a store is great but it is when you get outside that you see real differences. I noticed this when my brother bought a S&B and a Swaro in the late afternoon the S&B was a much brighter and clearer scope. Neither scope was the companies top end but both were of equal rating.. I was only able to look through the Khales and TT in the storeand the TT was nicer in many was especially the glass.
Thanks Wildbillg for responding back to me, I haven't looked through a TT and was just wondering. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy the heck out of it.