which would you choose a Tangent Theta or Scmidt & Bender for for a long range and hunting scope.

WildBillG

I want to know only between these 2 scopes which would you choose. I know both are very good in all respects but let me know which offers the most elv, adjustment. Also is there any edge to 1 of them in the glass department.
Could you also suggest what mounts you would use to mount them on a Sako magnum length action. I would like to mount a rail with a 20 or 30 MOA rail. Thanks for the help in advance.

Wondering if you have considered the ZCO? IMO, it easily stands with the TT and S&B in terms of glass, performance, and quality, but, given your interest in elevation range, with the ZCO's 36mm tube, it exceeds the S&B and TT by a good margin. I recently acquired a ZCO 420 for LRH. I'm not hunting/shooting much past 1200 yards, but for my purposes, I feel I've finally found the "perfect" LRH scope.

Once you decide on a scope, check out Richard Near's website at TRG42.com. His rail and scope mounts are outstanding and he has many options for the Sako rifle. I have 2 of his Alphamounts on Weatherby rifles and they are excellent. The rails fit perfectly onto the rifle with no shimming required. He will talk you through all the options and make sure you get the best setup for your rifle.

ZCO if you're going to spend the money on a TT . Get their new mount they just released or the MBrace by ARC.

ZCO has the same glass if not better. Turrets with the zero stop are superior on the TT but that's it.

I want to know only between these 2 scopes which would you choose. I know both are very good in all respects but let me know which offers the most elv, adjustment. Also is there any edge to 1 of them in the glass department.
Could you also suggest what mounts you would use to mount them on a Sako magnum length action. I would like to mount a rail with a 20 or 30 MOA rail. Thanks for the help in advance.
TT.....remember...it's time to support Canadians! 😂

One thing I am unsure of right now is do all of these scopes have a 2 rotation limit on th the elevation turret. I am not sure if a person can get some of these mounts shipped to Canada or not. The ZCO scopes run almost as much as the TT up here and I know a store with a TT in stock. I am wondering though if these scopes are limited to 2 turns after zero is set or if they only keep track of rotation up to 2 turns.

One thing I am unsure of right now is do all of these scopes have a 2 rotation limit on th the elevation turret. I am not sure if a person can get some of these mounts shipped to Canada or not. The ZCO scopes run almost as much as the TT up here and I know a store with a TT in stock. I am wondering though if these scopes are limited to 2 turns after zero is set or if they only keep track of rotation up to 2 turns.
Depends on your zero, mine turns more than twice,

The ZCO, because if it's higher elevation range, extends into a third revolution. There is a nicely designed indicator and scale on the ZCO turret. One of the deciding factors for me was the elevation range ZCO. Not so much for LRH, but for double use for off-season rimfire PRS competition. I can very easily reach out to the maximum match ranges using the turret with the 36mm tube in the ZCO. The 420's power range(4x20) is perfect for this sport as well.