Which scope would you pick for my new project? Very disappointed by european scopes offerings

The new Zeiss LRP S3 and S5 are FFP. They are available in Mil. Unless you've already looked at those, I wouldn't dismiss Zeiss until you do!

I'm Very interested in the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-36x56 scope. locking turrets, illuminated FFP reticle They are manufactured in Japan and they are only about $1699.00. A great price for a Japanese made scope and they are covered by Bushnell's unconditional lifetime warranty. I'm planning on getting one for the Borden Alpine XP long range pistol that I'm having built.

If you are only shooting out to 400 meters then a capped windage turret is no problem. With a proper reticle that goes for any distance. 400 meters isn't that far and well within a .308 win capability. Yes wind calls will matter at that distance but unless you are in very high winds they are not going to be drastic. Stick with a nice euro option if that's what you know. If you just want a change of pace Leupold VX5HD or NF SHV will do you just fine with out dropping 3k. Personally if I was only shooting out to 400 meters on a hunt gun I'd buy a nice Leica, Swaro, or Zeiss.
I get what you say but remember that roe deer are very small, it's not like shooting a whitetail. Their vital area is just like 8 inches. Accurate shots are required. At 400 m a 8 (preferably 4) inch living target is not a joke.

I have Leupolds on most of my rifles.
The last 3 scopes I have bought however have been a Steiner Predator 8 3-24x50, Nightforce NX8 4-32x50and a Leupold MK5 3.6-18x44.
I also have a Zeiss V6 3-18x50.
Testing the Steiner alongside VX6HD's, VX5HD's and the others above, the glass clarity is exceptional. The reticle isn't my favorite and it's the only one I tend to use illuminated as it makes the tiny crosshair easier to locate.
The Steiner glass is crystal clear and actually has adjustable, customizable rings for 200, 300 and 400 positions. The 2-16x42 could suit your needs perfectly.

Last edited:
I'm Very interested in the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-36x56 scope. locking turrets, illuminated FFP reticle They are manufactured in Japan and they are only about $1699.00. A great price for a Japanese made scope and they are covered by Bushnell's unconditional lifetime warranty. I'm planning on getting one for the Borden Alpine XP long range pistol that I'm having built.
You are putting a 36x power scope on a pistol? To each his own but why are you going this route if you don't mind me asking?

The new Zeiss LRP S3 and S5 are FFP. They are available in Mil. Unless you've already looked at those, I wouldn't dismiss Zeiss until you do!
The s5 looks very nice. The elevation turret is a bit bulky but it just became one of my options. How i didn't see this one in my research

I have Leupolds on most of my rifles.
The last 3 scopes I have bought however have been a Steiner Predator 8, Nightforce Predator 8 and a Leupold MK5.
The Steiner glass is crystal clear and actually has adjustable, customizable rings for 200, 300 and 400 positions. The 2-16x42 could suit your needs perfectly.
The predator 8 looks great! Qhat abljt its dimensions? What magnifications is your model?

I have at least 15 Meopta scopes on everything from a springer air rifle up to .375 H&H, and I have not had one issue. I have been doing some freelance work with Meopta for over four years. I have found their scopes to be well-built, over-engineered, as one writer put it. They have excellent reliability, repeatability, and value. This is their 90th year of being in business too. If you're looking for a new optic, Meopta optics deserve a look. They have a 10% off promo on their US website. Meopta also has an excellent LE/Mil/First Responder Program for those who qualify. I don't do any sales at all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 9.08.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 9.08.30 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
The predator 8 looks great! Qhat abljt its dimensions? What magnifications is your model?
I edited to include.
I have the 3-24x50 on a 6.5-300 Weatherby MKV Backcountry 2.0Ti. However the 3-24x50 Predator 8 will be moved to my 340wby MKV and the Leupold Mk5 3.6-18x44 will go on the 6.5-300. I got the Tremor 3 reticle on the Leupold Mk5. I want to test this reticle on a very accurate rifle before putting it into field use. I know the Steiner tracks true.

I recently bought a Meopta and am very happy with it. However, I think my next purchase will be a "Tract Toric". I very briefly looked through one and I was impressed with the whole scope. Tract uses Schott HT glass. A lot of scope for the money.