Which scope would you pick for my new project? Very disappointed by european scopes offerings

They do have more of a "woke" mode for some European markets. They're like everybody else, though- pictures should be tasteful. They're a big sponsor of the PRS circuit here in the US. They also sponsored "Break the Barriers" this year, which is Veteran based. B-T-B just had their big 3-D archery event in California last weekend. Zeiss was a part of that, as well.
From your responses, you're probably out over my skis. However, if you're looking for something that fits the bill for what you're looking for, I'd would give Nightforce a serious look. The NXS would fit the bill nicely and so would the SHV's.

My apologies if I was mistaken,thought Zeiss was the company that wanted no dead animals or trophy pictures with Zeiss products ,also thought no pictures with kids and guns.May have gotten my companies confused if so my mistake.
I think you are spot on, if my memory serves me right.

Looks dead to me!

This kind of proves my point about people forgetting the boycotts over being WOKE, doesn't it ? lol

Last edited:
Hi.buddy, I just mounted a Leupold VX5 in 3 X to 15X with a 30 mm tube and Lighted Reticle , on my Weatherby. Ultralight in 270 Win! This is an upgrade from the Leupold VX3 2.5 X to 8 X with a 1 inch tube ! Mounted yesterday, Will shot it next week ! This is strictly a white tail deer rifle and it loves 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tips at 3000 FPS

Funny! I thought only I thought that. Great action and good trigger bolted to crap! Result is decent rifle with some upside!

Yes, but under different ownership and different manufacturing location. How are they now? That is anybody's guess. Anybody who can, please correct me.

The reason is their warranty in the US is highly regarded. Their quality is good, but not great. I've seen turrets fail. I've read about turret failure. I've seen what I thought was marginal optics.

I have a Tract Toric 4-20x. It is quite impressive to me. I have not drop tested.

I like mine. Turrets are great. Outside, the optics are amazing. Only checked vs an ATACR. Maybe TT, etc is better, sure….

There is something like depth of field or ….I forget. Can someone please clarify?

so, why not the S&B PMii? I missed that…
I am not saying tikkas are not good rifles but reading at what people write about them it seems like they are great out of the box. Comparing them side to side to bergaras tikkas felt cheap and also the action looked totally comparable. I was also disappointed in sauer, winchester and browning rifles i handled at the italian equivalent of shot show. And remington is really crap nowadays. I was positive impresse by mauser, blaser, bergara and sako (but I expected sakos to be much better reading about them online). Actually the only brand that really shows a significant improvement in quality to me was blaser over all the other listed.

Tikkas are surely reliable and most of the time they shoot well but that stock is awful and for me they are too light. A tikka 308 recoils significantly more than my b14, for example. 308 recoil is manageable anyways but i assume that with more powerful cartidges this difference can become more and more noticeable.

Hi.buddy, I just mounted a Leupold VX5 in 3 X to 15X with a 30 mm tube and Lighted Reticle , on my Weatherby. Ultralight in 270 Win! This is an upgrade from the Leupold VX3 2.5 X to 8 X with a 1 inch tube ! Mounted yesterday, Will shot it next week ! This is strictly a white tail deer rifle and it loves 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tips at 3000 FPS
Laser trajectory. Perfect for whitetails

Thank You Buddy, By the way I use a Leupold VX 3 . 8.5X to 25X Wind Plex model on the Weatherby Mark V, in 270 Weatherby Mag. I used this rifle for hunting and for shooting to 1100 yards at the Bang Steel Shooting School, located in Virginia. I have no issues at all with Leupold scopes. I also love the excellent customer service department,. The picture below show the rifle with a Leupold VX 3 in 3.5X to 10 X which I hunted with in 1979 to about 1985, then with a Leupold VX3. 4.5 X to 14 X , and at theLR shooting school with the 8.5X to 25 X . The Wind plex model was very helpful for me as the instructor will tell you how many min. to hold left or right, for each shot. You will notice both the 4.5X to 14X and the 8.5X to 25 X are sitting on the very simple and strong Leupold Dual Dove Tail Rings and Bases. Although this is just a hunting rifle, I have been making loads for since 1979, It was able to hit targets, over and over, out to 1100 yards. Incredible fun and educational too. I know that there are better, much more expensive rifle scopes, like "March" and "Zero Compromise," but I cannot imagine how much brighter or sharper they can really be, for double the price, or more. I also trust the Leupold scopes in the field , where sometimes scopes can get bumped around in the truck while driving 4 to 6 hours and also while hunting. Just my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_3712 270 Weatherby mag  Dec 22 2020.JPG
    IMG_3712 270 Weatherby mag Dec 22 2020.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
We Three guys agree on that !! Leupold makes a bright, sharp clear scope that is durable and has a great customer service dept, in case you may need it. AND you didn't pay $2500 to $3000 Dollars. I'm very pleased with all of mine! I hope Simone ,our friend from Italy , picks up on these suggestions. Thanks Guys, Lenny

I just bought a zeiss s3. Always been impressed with the glass. Just came out with ffp in the s3 and s5. Haven't mounted it yet. After looking at the reviews got the s3. The s5 is about 1000.00 more just no one had one to look at. Anyway looking at the reviews the ZCO scope had better reviews Haven't seen anyone comment on them. Any ZCO onwers and what are your comments they are costly but of cost doesn't matter might look at them.