Which McMillan Stock?

I have been hunting exclusively with the A3-5 the last couple of years and love it. Ninety percent of my shots are prone but either way I love this stock. A point that has engaged my stock decisions much more lately is; who will be shooting my gun? If it is just you, then the field is wide open, if there are other people behind it, like kids and a wife, then an adjustable is the way to go.

I have the HTG Adjustable on two rifles. Very comfortable prone, seated, or resting against a tree. I intend to try a precision stockworks stock on my next build.

I got a Manners T3 stock that I really like. Its real similar to a Remington Varminter stock. It does have a bit of a palm swell but feels good to me. Personal preference for sure. Id also use a #4 or #5 barrel to help reduce recoil. A STW has got a little bite in a light weight !McMillan makes the same stock as well.

I use a Manners MCS-SL for my big game rifle. Although your question is about McMillan, I mention it because it has a more vertical grip than other sporter stocks I had previously used. I much prefer more vertical as I find it makes for a better grip when shooting prone.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.