which is better powder for 243 & 7 mag

HunterGreen

I love reloaded 19&22 for these rounds, but my problem is there not temperature stable. I am tired of fooling around from winter to summer shooting..

Both rifles are custom barrels 30 inch tubes. Wondering which of these H4350 & H4831 in the extreme version powder would be best ???

Please explain in detail your loads.

243 105gr Berger hybrid & hornady 105
7 mm mag amax 162gr 168gr Sierra & 180gr Berger hybrid.

Both 1-8 twist

I love reloaded 19&22 for these rounds, but my problem is there not temperature stable. I am tired of fooling around from winter to summer shooting..

Both rifles are custom barrels 30 inch tubes. Wondering which of these H4350 & H4831 in the extreme version powder would be best ???

Please explain in detail your loads.

Both 1-8 twist
I would say go with 2 powders..... Varget for your .243, and IMR 7828 SSC for your 7mmRM.

Also those 2 powders are temperature sensitive.. so can't do
No they're not. My loads for Varget shoot equally good in summer, as they do in winter. And my loads with 7828 SSC are less sensative than any other "non sensative' powder I've ever tried. Including H1000, which is one of the worst.....Worse off than Reloder 22.

+1 on the 7828ssc, one of the best non "extreme" powders I have used. Works great in cases with 50 to 85ish capacity in my experience.

Green, my son's 243 is very accurate shooting H4350 as well as his 7mm Rem with H4831SC. The 243 has a slower twist than yours so he uses the lighter bullet. 7828SSC is hard to find here, but shoots well in a friend's 7mm with the 168 gr bullets. He has 2 of the 8# jugs of it. Good luck.

Wondering which of these H4350 & H4831 in the extreme version powder would be best ???

If those were my only choices, I'd choose H4831.

Thanks everyone,

I bought 1lb of each h4831 & H4350...

Also the guy laughed when I asked for 7828. His words were good luck pay up front.

Also the guy laughed when I asked for 7828. His words were good luck pay up front.

I would be looking for somewhere else to buy powder from. There's no excuse for that kind of ignorance being near weapons and things that explode... The guy sounds like a mo-ron to me. Especially if he thinks Varget is temp sensative. LOL :D

It sounds like you won't get much help at your local shop....So if you ever have any questions, post them up here first. The guys on here know TONS of info, and there's lots of folks who frequent here daily that have expertise in just about anything and everything you might have a question about.

Keep us updated on your load development.

Also, just incase you haven't tried them, the 168 Berger VLD's have been very good to me for deer hunting in my 7mm RemMags.

I would be looking for somewhere else to buy powder from. There's no excuse for that kind of ignorance being near weapons and things that explode... The guy sounds like a mo-ron to me. Especially if he thinks Varget is temp sensative. LOL :D

It sounds like you won't get much help at your local shop....So if you ever have any questions, post them up here first. The guys on here know TONS of info, and there's lots of folks who frequent here daily that have expertise in just about anything and everything you might have a question about.

Keep us updated on your load development.

Also, just incase you haven't tried them, the 168 Berger VLD's have been very good to me for deer hunting in my 7mm RemMags.

What's sad about this. I called before I drove down there the guys. I ask politely about these two powders, he says hold on I'll look, about 15 seconds he says nope ain't got none. I say ok thanks good day.

I wasn't feeling right about this, so I drove and bought stuff I don't need and walked up to counter and asked for h4350, h4831 and h7828. The guy opens up a huge safe and lone and behold there they were... End of story

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.