Which Form 1 kit?

My understanding is that they are saying that you do not actually have a license to manufacture, so any parts that you have means that you have intent to manufacture even though you're not allowed to so even having parts is a illegal (Even though they don't know if you even have any parts, since you do not put that on your application). Even though they don't know what you were going to use.
Sounds like another overstep--- nfa considers a suppressor a firearm, under federal laws you are allowed to manufacture your own firearm ( you don't need a manufacturing license if you have no intent to sell) that's what the form 1 was for, to manufacture your own--- does this mean that they have stopped form 1's for sbr's and sbs's too? Does this mean they are going to try to go back to all those prior approved form 1's and require you return or destroy them? Just more bs-- another way to try to get around the written laws and take away our rights by icing "interpretations" of the written laws

Anyone know of a company selling non-skirted titanium and ss 60° undrilled baffles? Better finish up the ones I never started before its too late.

Just called the ATF... They said I could not speak to anyone if I filed an E-Form, and have to log in and use the "Ask the Experts" link.

I asked if there had been a reinterpretation of the law and the customer service rep said they hadn't been given an explanation at this time. Said the phones were pretty busy today...

Yeah. They don't ask anything about materials at all in the application. You just list length and caliber, basically.

I told my wife I could make one out of a styrofoam cup if I wanted, they'd never know.

Basically I think they're interpreting it show to mean you can not manufacture without an SOT license, but that's just a guess based on what I've been reading.

I think based on the language in the letter, it means that if you have literally anything that could be made into a suppressor and you intend to make one, you are basically committing a felony. If you want to run it out, that could include basically any pipe, or even bar stock, etc. I think it comes back to "intent"... Pretty slippery slope, in my opinion.

Conversely, you'd think that submitting a ton of personal information, filing a form 1, paying a $200 tax, and getting fingerprinted and mailing the ATF your prints would show "intent" that you plan to obey they law... But it seems like they are saying that we are criminals for even considering plans to build a suppressor (even though it's historically been legal through this process).

It's gonna turn into a "bump stock" issue soon
The sad part is it will be up to their interpretation. However, there is a caveat. If it is considered an accessory item, they can not regulate it. It's not a firearm. Unfortunately, accessories can be banned as we saw with bump stocks. If it is indeed a firearm, they are infringing and open themselves up to a court case. Of course there's always that this may be the test for 80 percent firearms as well and they're gauging how much they can get away with.

The sad part is it will be up to their interpretation. However, there is a caveat. If it is considered an accessory item, they can not regulate it. It's not a firearm. Unfortunately, accessories can be banned as we saw with bump stocks. If it is indeed a firearm, they are infringing and open themselves up to a court case. Of course there's always that this may be the test for 80 percent firearms as well and they're gauging how much they can get away with.
Except in federal terms, 80% lowers dont need to be serialized or registered.....but they could change that too.