Which Form 1 kit?

FrogFire7

I am looking get a center-fire (30 cal) kit this year... I don't have access to a machine shop and this is my first form 1, so I'm looking for a complete kit, and would like the ability to purchase a drill jig for the baffles as well so that I can use my drill press.

Looking at primarily quietbore, but am open to and looking for suggestions! Saw some on the kmwhisper site... Titanium, priced well... Not sure how legit they are?

Suggestions welcome!!

Thanks, Buck!

Looks like they only have stainless now on their upgraded kit. But really I think I'd be fine with that. Im not sure about some of the kids that use aluminum for the tube. I know people do it on center-fire cartridges, pretty sure it's have peace of mind with steel or titanium though.

Thanks, Buck!

Looks like they only have stainless now on their upgraded kit. But really I think I'd be fine with that. Im not sure about some of the kids that use aluminum for the tube. I know people do it on center-fire cartridges, pretty sure it's have peace of mind with steel or titanium though.
Yea me too it was minimal expense considering and works well. I put the 30 on my 223 ar and it is quiet and balanced everything just right
Thanks

Buck

I have a JK armament kit and it's very well put together. You can also change the length with the number of baffles. It's my backup to a silencerco suppressor, so I went with aluminum but they have other options

I filed my form 1 application last week. And bought a quietbore 30 cal kit. Looked hard at the JK kits... That may be next purchase! Or if the form 4's start coming through quickly, maybe a commercial can. Quietbore is running a 30% promo on everything, through the end of the month! Strongly considering a 9mm kit for my AR9... Lots of options

Be prepared for a denial and turning your parts in. BATFE has just decided that kits are suppressor parts and are currently denying all Forms 1 suppressor builds.

Yeahhhhh.... Got denied yesterday for a pretty vague reason. Basically that's what the gist of it is though. Lovely.

It's definitely not background check related, more of "new interpretation" of the law kind of thing. Still, calling in today, and maybe calling state representatives.

Yeahhhhh.... Got denied yesterday for a pretty vague reason. Basically that's what the gist of it is though. Lovely.

It's definitely not background check related, more of "new interpretation" of the law kind of thing. Still, calling in today, and maybe calling state representatives.
Can we ask what their actual denial said?

Screenshot_20220228-174132.png

My understanding is that they are saying that you do not actually have a license to manufacture, so any parts that you have means that you have intent to manufacture even though you're not allowed to so even having parts is a illegal (Even though they don't know if you even have any parts, since you do not put that on your application). Even though they don't know what you were going to use.