which Devcon product

winmagman

I just got back from picking up bedding supplies at the local hardware store. Unfortunatly they had about eight different Devcon products there. Since this is my first bedding job I'd like to know the exact type of Devcon to use.
Any help appreciated.
Chris

I use a Devcon putty with stainless steel micro-granuals mixed in. This ensures little or no rusting, it is very very strong and the mix when hardened can be relatively easily machined. Sorry I don't have any part numbers for you but i'm sure you will find what I mean if your stockist has nine different types. Andy.

"Epoxy steel". Usually comes in a two tube syringe which is enough for one to two bedding jobs. Wonderful stuff.

Their titanium products are even stronger but I consider the price and product overkill.

Jerry

I like Devcon's Plastic Steel Putty. Stays put, yet is able to flow and fill voids.

One pound kit is Devcon #10110

Regarding my last post, the Devcon product I use is part number 10271. Stainless Putty, it comes in a 500g container with a smaller pot of hardener. When mixed it is almost runny (honey) like consistancy and remains workable at UK temp of 16 - 18 degrees for 30 mins.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.