Which Production Class PRS rifle?

Just a special Cerekote. Storm Trooper (white) chassis, with black metal. I mostly shoot 500-yard steel matches. I'm too old to shoot true PRS, so, I won't be getting it all dirty.

Which rifle would y'all recommend for PRS Production Class? I've been looking at the Bergara Premier Comp, the Savage Impulse Elite Precision, the Daniel Defence Delta 5 Pro and the Seekins Havak Hit Pro. They all seem capable, but I like the fact that I can start out with the cartridge of my choice (6mm GT) with the Seekins. I would be looking at the 6mm Creed in the others. TIA!

Why do you want to go Production?

Probably the cost of a full custom I guess, put the extra $2,000 towrds an optic?
$2000? Not really. The rifles mentioned are around $2500 and he could put together a rifle for the same if not maybe $300-500 more.

Bighorn Origin $900
Prefit barrel $500-700
Trigger $150-200
Stock/chassis $350-1200
Brake $140

Can buy some used parts and save money. Will shoot with any custom and a lot of people use a similar set up in Open. Which is why I was wondering why he wants to shoot Production.

$2000? Not really. The rifles mentioned are around $2500 and he could put together a rifle for the same if not maybe $300-500 more.

Bighorn Origin $900
Prefit barrel $500-700
Trigger $150-200
Stock/chassis $350-1200
Brake $140

Can buy some used parts and save money. Will shoot with any custom and a lot of people use a similar set up in Open. Which is why I was wondering why he wants to shoot Production.
Finding a good smith is one thing and wait time is another. I've had a bunch of "custom's" and yes they are great. but for the common man, there are a handful of production rifles which at .5 MOA should do well in most comps. When you really get down to it, the shooter is what will win most matches. I've got a really nice Manners I'm selling but having a hard time finding a buyer.

Finding a good smith is one thing and wait time is another. I've had a bunch of "custom's" and yes they are great. but for the common man, there are a handful of production rifles which at .5 MOA should do well in most comps. When you really get down to it, the shooter is what will win most matches. I've got a really nice Manners I'm selling but having a hard time finding a buyer.

That's the point with custom actions and prefits. You don't need the smith to put it all together. You buy them and put it together at home. No wait time. Order the action, barrel and chassis/stock or buy a used one like you are selling and you have it in no time.

That's the point with custom actions and prefits. You don't need the smith to put it all together. You buy them and put it together at home. No wait time. Order the action, barrel and chassis/stock or buy a used one like you are selling and you have it in no time.
I see your point Rob, and I agree with where you're going. My "thinking" will be tested soon:oops:

No worries Buzz your mpa will be shooting well UNDER .5 CONSISTENTLY. MINE DOES WITH FACTORY BLACkHILLS 108 ELDM

This is my latest 6mm ARC I put together at home. Never touched by a smith except for the prefit barrel done at Patriot Valley Arms. Bought the stock used on the Hide. Those MPA rifles are very good and you will be happy with yours but just looking to give the OP or anyone else wondering another option.

Still would like to hear from him why he is going Production. Years ago it was more about a new shooter coming in the sport but now with the max for rifle and scope at $5000 total and pro shooters shooting it and people sand bagging to get trophies in the division it's kind of lost the meaning of its beginnings.

IMG_3537.JPG