Which 7 would you choose?

Of all my 7 mm's, my favorite is the Sherman 7 Max. A short mag that loves the 180 hybrid at easy 3050 fps with a 26" barrel.

I have a 7-08 which is primarily my wt rifle shooting 140 BT but I use my 280 AI for elk and occasionally deer using the 160 AB for elk and 139 interbond for deer size game.
Both are very easy to reload with brass usually available and numerous powder's that will work.
With the 160's using IMR 7828 I am getting slightly over 2950 fps with the 280 AI

I have a 7-08 which is primarily my wt rifle shooting 140 BT but I use my 280 AI for elk and occasionally deer using the 160 AB for elk and 139 interbond for deer size game.
Both are very easy to reload with brass usually available and numerous powder's that will work.
With the 160's using IMR 7828 I am getting slightly over 2950 fps with the 280 AI
I almost favored the 7-08 over the 7mm RM but I needed a rifle that was dedicated for hunting distances over 500 yards and targets out to a mile. But man the 7-08 is just so versatile and economic. Much longer barrel life, a great hunting cartridge and if you size down 308 win brass you can use either srp or lrp. I'll probably get a barrel for it someday for the Rem 700. Or just build one on my 98 Mauser.

I almost favored the 7-08 over the 7mm RM but I needed a rifle that was dedicated for hunting distances over 500 yards and targets out to a mile. But man the 7-08 is just so versatile and economic. Much longer barrel life, a great hunting cartridge and if you size down 308 win brass you can use either srp or lrp. I'll probably get a barrel for it someday for the Rem 700. Or just build one on my 98 Mauser.
Yea most of my wt deer hunting is done with shots under 300 yards and the 7-08 fits this role perfectly for me.

I've had a 7 SAUM for maybe 10 yrs. Taken over 50 animals with it. Made 4 trips to Africa with me. Kills great. Recoil is easy to manage. My PH last trip to Africa specifically asked me to bring it back again! What's not to like?
Bruce
What projectile are you using in Africa. I have a trip planned next April and plan to bring mine.