Which 7 would you choose?

So I've had 2-28 noslers, 2-7 mags hated both. 1 stw loved it it was extremely picky my nodes were very narrow. Then can the sizing issues after about 4 firings. 1 7 sherman max and we now have 1 7 prc. My 7 max is my favorite 7mm I've ever been behind. Finishing up a build for a friends husband in 7 max now. Only reason we have a 7 prc is so I don't have to load before we go to the range and the wife can shoot and practice and I can spend more time with her at the range not worrying about reloads. My max was finished jan 2022. As we sit today I'm at 678 rounds down just that barrel.
what made you choose the Max over the Mega? I have the 7SS and chose the Mega for the performance increase over the 7SS. Didn't think there was enough increase from the Max.

I'm toying with building a 7mm of some flavor cus I don't have any 7's. My criteria for this rifle would be a standard weight of around 8-10 pounds hit steel to a 1000 and deer to 500 maybe 600.

280AI is high on my list but I also got respect for the no frills, get it done, dependable 7.08. I also think the 7 SAUM is pretty cool just haven't looked into it a ton.

28 Nosler I do not want because I like to actually shoot my sh!+ and not re-berral every 2 seasons. Also if I'm serious on taking something big at distance the 30 or 338 is coming out.

So which 7 would you build and why? Which 7 has good performance vs barrel life? Which 7 is optimal on a short action, which is better suited to long actions?
I believe you pretty answered your query. I used to have a 7MM RM and 7MM STW but re-chambered them because I favor the .30 over the .28 caliber. However, I was gifted a Ruger M77 MKII in 7MM SAUM last year, and I now have a renewed interest in the .28 cal. Good luck!

what made you choose the Max over the Mega? I have the 7SS and chose the Mega for the performance increase over the 7SS. Didn't think there was enough increase from the Max.
I dont think there was a Max or Mega when I did my SS.
not that I recall anyhow.
after only shooting LA or LA mag actions my whole life this little unit still makes me giddy.

Attachments

• IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

Recent Posts