Which .25?

If you were building a new rifle in 25 caliber for hunting and occasional target shooting, which one would it be and why? I'm in western NC so extreme ranges aren't likely but I would like to have the option to shoot the longer heavier bullets but probably would not purpose build it for one particular bullet. I like speed so I am thinking 100-115 grain bullets for the most part but I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!
Cartridge choices are almost unlimited, which makes picking ONE somewhat difficult. I live in NC, have a lot of weapons to choose from, and the rifle I reach for most often when a .22 won't do is a 25-06. The 25-06 will handle all the range you are apt to have in NC, and do so without leaving cannonball sized holes in game or your wallet. Factory ammunition is readily available, and with this cartridge there is generally no need to reload UNLESS YOU WANT TO.

I like the 25/06, but the 257 Weatherby offers excellent speed in a factory cartridge. If you are having the rifle built, make certain that it has a fast twist for your heavy bullets.

I shoot a 257 weatherby with heavy spooter creedmore barrel. Best shooting caliber I have owned. Long range no problem. Loading 100 gr. TSX
Can you please explain to me what a "Heavy Spooter" Is, I'm pretty sure it's attached to the rear of one of those "Buffalo Girls" That go round the outside, round the outside! :p

I'm debating between 25 PRC and 25-284. I'll probably go with the PRC for cartridge confusion safety reasons of already owning a 6-284, 6.5-284 and 284.

Be a retro-rebel, 250-3000 or .25 Remington. Put a fast twist pipe on either and viola, ideally suited to Appalachian hunting conditions. Both are effective, efficient cartridges.

I've got a 25_06 and live in Maine where a 50 yard Hunting shot is more likely than a 200 yd shot. So I don't need distance.'m a reloader too.Accuracy is the first concern.And I certainly can make the 06 sing
Now I want a 257 Roberts,for no apparent need just don't have one, yet.

If you were building a new rifle in 25 caliber for hunting and occasional target shooting, which one would it be and why? I'm in western NC so extreme ranges aren't likely but I would like to have the option to shoot the longer heavier bullets but probably would not purpose build it for one particular bullet. I like speed so I am thinking 100-115 grain bullets for the most part but I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!
.25-06 AI

Hunt for your dies, it will help on the decision. The very difficult situation we are in right now with supplies, tend to not be wild cat friendly. Standard dies can be found, others..not so much....take heed!

25/06 std is a very, very accurate cartridge, newer powders breathe new life into the 25/06..

For customs, I have the 257 Roberts AI, 25/06, and 257 Weatherby with .030 freebore. The 9T, Weatheby with 115g Bergers is awesome at 3600 fps shooting 3/8" groups.
Agreed, depends on your reloading expertise and availability of components. Exactly why I choose to go with a standard 25/06 and am very pleased with its accuracy. Son bought a 6.5 creed at the same time and he's disappointed at best that the 25 is more accurate. That said, if I had the funds I'd go with the 25/06 ai for the faster twist rate.