Where to start? Found the answer!

I wasn't able to load more. I've got a pretty good load for the Sierra 250 GameKings that I'm going to use.

You last group is very nice. I'll have to buy some of those bullets and try again and load up to 86.0 of H4831SC.

Give me a few weeks and I'll post my targets.

I wasn't able to load more. I've got a pretty good load for the Sierra 250 GameKings that I'm going to use.

You last group is very nice. I'll have to buy some of those bullets and try again and load up to 86.0 of H4831SC.

Give me a few weeks and I'll post my targets.

Understood. As I was shooting the groups I was dead determined I was not going to buy these again, then lo and behold I shot the last group. So now I need to buy another box to confirm the results and get some actual muzzle velocity data. I just picked up a 50 box of Sierra GMK's so i'm going to try and find a load for those. I'll try the data you posted on them.

Good luck with your hunt! I head out for a week on the 15th for Moose. Hopefully i'll find something by then.

My 250 gran Sierra GameKing load is 97.0 grns of Retumbo loaded out to 3.618" (.030 off the lands). My M700 has a 26", 1 in 10" barrel. Give it a whirl.

I'm really glad to see that the bullets are that accurate. Barnes is local for me (Utah) and I'd like to support them as much as possible.

Below is today's attempt at the 265LRX again. Load was 80.0grns of H4831SC using CCI LRM primers (minor primer cratering). I varied the OAL. My OAL touching the lands is 3.783". Also note that the top row was done using 300grn SMKs.

Attachments

• 1-1-12_265LRX_36XX_H4831SC_800.jpg
    1-1-12_265LRX_36XX_H4831SC_800.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 136
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.