Where’s the bullet?

J.G.W

BC23C99E-B018-43DB-926F-98787CEC501B.jpeg

So a friend takes a photo of me shooting my .300WM and captures this awesome muzzle blast pic. My question is where is the bullet at the exact moment the photo was taken?

I would think that the bullet is well outside the picture frame. The shutter speed(for lack of the contemporary term), would have to be much faster then the barrel rise, and muzzle blast location in the photo suggests. The bullet is typically out of the barrel before the muzzle rises less then approximate one inch or less. IMO.

View attachment 104558
So a friend takes a photo of me shooting my .300WM and captures this awesome muzzle blast pic. My question is where is the bullet at the exact moment the photo was taken?

It is gone, well in front of the muzzle blast.

While testing muzzle brakes we were able to get the muzzle flash many times, but never the bullet.

As stated, the shutter speed was to slow to capture the bullet but it could catch the muzzle flash.

If the frame had caught the flash the instant it reached the muzzle. It might have caught the bullet somewhere in front of the muzzle.

Nice picture though !!!

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.