What's too much?

Picked some small rifle up the other day for future son in law. $8.99/100. Price seems to go up $1.00 every month. Told future s i l he's on his own finding his need for primers. Last year i was paying $3.99-$4.99/100. But since he gave me my grand daughter 15 months ago ,I know he had a bigger better responsibility than try to get components.
And of course I don't use small rifle primers.

I'm curious what everyone's "too much" price is for primers these days? I, like everyone else, have been checking here and there hoping to find some. I find myself thinking, "I've spent money on worse" when I toss the idea around of picking some up while still available. It's nice seeing some powders showing up here and there, but primers on retail at reputable sites are non-existent. Not posting for this for help making a decision, just thought it would be interesting to see everyone's thoughts on this. What say you?
Mostly 50 to 65 per thousand primers but considering the situation we are in today and like you said what is too much if I were in need of some which I am not yet in the current market I would pay as much as 100 per 1000 and not a penny more

Picked some small rifle up the other day for future son in law. $8.99/100. Price seems to go up $1.00 every month. Told future s i l he's on his own finding his need for primers. Last year i was paying $3.99-$4.99/100. But since he gave me my grand daughter 15 months ago ,I know he had a bigger better responsibility than try to get components.
And of course I don't use small rifle primers.
You can't really put a price on family that's for sure

At least that's getting closer at 3 times normal price.
Where I live it's nice to have a small mom and pop gun store but they do not have the buying power of the larger chain stores and I have always paid $50 per thousand but prices have gone up much higher lately if you can get them at all

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.