Hauling too much stuff to the firing line

Blexter

Through the years I have laughed, and been amazed by all the different gizmos people have used to haul guns, cleaning boxes, chronographs, tripods, spotting scopes etc, etc. I saw one guy hauling rifles in a wheelbarrow. I thought it funny.

Now I am a lot older and hauling rifles and equipment to the firing line at my range is farther than I walk in a week. :)
It's 100 yds, one way and takes several trips.

Any ideas for hauling several rifles and gear? Anyone built a dolly? I need ideas please.

Wondered when this subject would come to a thread. I usually go with my son and a grandson or two and we take a lot of absolutely "necessary stuff". I bought a nearly new convertible hand truck/dolly on Craigslist for $30 and we stack it high including breakfast burritos and an ice chest. Never seen a wheelbarrow, but lots of multiple trips and a couple of Junior's Radio Wagons.

Through the years I have laughed, and been amazed by all the different gizmos people have used to haul guns, cleaning boxes, chronographs, tripods, spotting scopes etc, etc. I saw one guy hauling rifles in a wheelbarrow. I thought it funny.

Now I am a lot older and hauling rifles and equipment to the firing line at my range is farther than I walk in a week. :)
It's 100 yds, one way and takes several trips.

Any ideas for hauling several rifles and gear? Anyone built a dolly? I need ideas please.
Welding cart.

morning, I use a large Stanley tool box with wheels and handle for

my shooters equip. a smaller Stanley tool box for cleaning supplies and ammo with

wheels and handle. I have 2 sniper drag bags for weapons. that is 4 weapons. I do not

drag bags handles on both. lightbulb:)gun) Thk U

I bought a small portable folding hand truck in Wally world (Walmart) a heavy duty plastic tote for the shooting rest, ammo boxes and targets and a fishing tackle box to keep my cleaning patches, brushes, screw drivers and other misc. stuff in. Put that on the hand truck with a bunji cord around the tote and your good to go.

How about a wheeled golf bag?

I tried the golf bag cart. It certainly has potential - rolls easy and light weight but there is no place to mount a box or basket for stuff other than guns without massive "re-engineering" At least for me.
I found something that looks like a cross between a welding cart and furniture dolly at Northern Tools.
Downside: the thing is fairly heavy, small plate at the base and the wheels are really too small.
Upside: inexpensive. It's made out of cheap tubing that's easy to drill for mounting gun racks and a box for the rest of the stuff.
I tried it today with 2 sixteen pound bench guns. It seemed to be more trouble than it's worth

Still looking and worried I will have more more money in this "labor saver" than a new rifle :) I am considering making one from scratch out of aluminum conduit. I have a friend with a Tig welder......... see, it gets more expensive by the day!
If I do this I will post pics of my insanity

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.