Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Hey now! That's a carryover from "heeled" bullets like the .22lr in which the bullet diameter was flush with the case…which was and is .38 of an inch!

.30 measures lands diameter, .308 groove diameter

The real whackadoodle nomenclature are those lazzeroni magnums. A millimeter designation for groove diameter, not land diameter…why call something a .25 cal, nice quarter inch mark, when we can call it a 6.37 blackbird or whatever the heck it is. Makes me wonder if that guys a closet Canadian! 🤣

As a rural Canadian, I feel the confusion all too much of what the heck is going on. Are we or are we not metric!!!!???? 🤣
Calvin
I load about 0.0000015 Stone of RL 22 behind a 6.8mm to get about 22 cubic furlongs per fortnight of energy,,,, and diesel peaked at $1,96 CDN per litre.

Calvin
I load about 0.0000015 Stone of RL 22 behind a 6.8mm to get about 22 cubic furlongs per fortnight of energy,,,, and diesel peaked at $1,96 CDN per litre.

Attachments

• AEF41CD2-FBD9-48B8-ABE8-DB519809B020.png
    AEF41CD2-FBD9-48B8-ABE8-DB519809B020.png
    566.4 KB · Views: 63
So it's even MORE of a Creedmoor with the steeper shoulder 🤣

Biggest shooting myth of modern (post-2020 time) - 40* shoulders don't feed. Tell that to every PRS guy running a Dasher.
they feed just fine. they just don't show pressure well with the reduced bolt thrust... the extra cowbell has gotta come from somewhere

.308... Why ?????just so accurate and effective its boring! no load development... no "I wonder Why...if i change primers... may be its the seating depth...hell there has to be a better node here somewhere.... no shooting that barrel halfway out before you find a load you like......... sometimes some things are just too easy.

.308... Why ?????just so accurate and effective its boring! no load development... no "I wonder Why...if i change primers... may be its the seating depth...hell there has to be a better node here somewhere.... no shooting that barrel halfway out before you find a load you like......... sometimes some things are just too easy.
So F class was invented in canada

FTR has to be either a nato cartridge or an english commonwealth cartridge. For our USA cousins, the 303 is not the best choice. So 80% of the competitors in FTR shoot 308. The other 20% shoot 223 with 80+ gr bullets

In F Open, we have many guys shoot 6 dasher to 600 metres and some variation of 284 for 7, 8, and 900 metres.

In 15 years of being the match director not a single 300 Win Mag has ever been awarded a medal.

A couple of 7 Rem Mags have gotten a bronze.

In F class, muzzle brakes are forbidden.

Have had many newbies show up and when they have to take off the brakes and lay on a mat, leave after 20 rounds.

Long live the 270 and 338!!

Acetylene torches to all 300 win mags.

And yes i used yo own a few briefly.