Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Anything that starts with creed and ends with moor!! ESP of the 6.5mm size.
You'd better be careful. They have a way of wandering into your house like a stray cat. I never intended on owning 1 but there's 1 in the cabinet and a few hundred rounds loaded for it. It was nearly free also...

I don't like the 7.62 x39 it's turned into a thug criminal shootout cartridge Here .I also don't like the 9 mm it's my last choice for self defense. I THINK the 40 sw was awesome just a 10 mm story and the 10 mm is even better .
I'll agree with you on the 9mm. If it's all I have, it's what I'll use but not my first second or third choice. Seen a video of a guy taking 12 9mm center mass and keep coming towards the cop. Nope I want something that will hit harder. 7.62 x 39 is nothing more than grab if someone is coming in my home or for plinking. Not a hunting round.
Honestly... 223rem /556 nato. There are a lot better cartridges for the AR, and shooting in general.
I will agree that there are better rounds for the AR series than a varmint round.

Hate is a really strong word. I don't hate any cartridge. There are some I've no interest in shooting (.378 WBY for one), but none that I hate.

I like shooting 7.62x39 out of an AR. The juxtaposition amuses me.
I don't really care who designed it or for what purpose. I'm only interested in if it does what I need it to do. In the case of the 7.62x39 what I need it to do is be a 300 yard bolt action cartridge. And AR ammo....

I always thought that the 7.62 X39 would be a great handgun cartridge in an XP100. Perfect for silhouettes, low recoil with enough power to take them down. Good availability of brass. Can get SRP brass.

Here I go, back down another rabbit hole!